Fayetteville Tigers @ Huntingdon Mustangs

ZEBRA35

14 minutes ago, Varo said:

Thank you for the background.  Since ya'll are so far away, in a different time zone, we don't usually see teams like this.  Can't say that's good or bad, because I would like to match up regular season with a similar style team like yours to give us an idea of how to play and ideally win against.  I won't give you the Gold Ball just yet, there's a lot of football left to play.  Good luck!  Any recommendations on eating spots?  How's your concession stand?  Not just cold pizza I hope.  

Everyone here knows there is work to be done before thinkIng about the gold ball. There are the usual fast food restaurants in town. The local restaurants I would suggest you getting there early. Max's BBQ, Mallards, Joes, Block City Pizza, Cornerstone Eatery. The concession  has pizza and burgers. Have a safe trip.

Edited by Waker

24 minutes ago, Varo said:

Thank you for the background.  Since ya'll are so far away, in a different time zone, we don't usually see teams like this.  Can't say that's good or bad, because I would like to match up regular season with a similar style team like yours to give us an idea of how to play and ideally win against.  I won't give you the Gold Ball just yet, there's a lot of football left to play.  Good luck!  Any recommendations on eating spots?  How's your concession stand?  Not just cold pizza I hope.  

They also have chick-fil-a chicken sandwiches at the concession stand.

6 hours ago, Varo said:

You speak my name Southtowner and there I am!  And thanks for the sympathy Ambassador, don't know what we would do without you.  Talk about self-inflicted damage; a rain soaked field and capable QB in Amor from Grace Christian didn't act very Christian-like in giving us a loss on Friday to put us in fourth place and having to meet that team from up northwest in the first round.  Could we have won, certainly.  Should we have won, definitely.  But at the final whistle, with Amor running draw after draw, we did not stop him and lost.

So now the play-offs.  The start of the "Second Season".  Did you say over-whelming odds?  Did you say 2 hours and 40 minute drive?  In a bus?  Did you say c-ya next year?  Baloney.  Well, not the odds and not the distance.  That is legit.  But the Tigers seem to go into a game as underdogs and come out to the good.  No, not against SP, so don't start, but mostly.  We fight to the last whistle, regardless of the odds or the score.  

Do we have a chance?  Every team has a chance, if they stick to their game plan, have some or make some lucky breaks, and have some exceptional individual effort.  No doubt this has been a head-scratcher year.  Wins against bigger teams, and losses to teams we could have beat (or even better, should have beat).  That's high school football for you, win one more district game and you go to Wayne Co., win two and we host Collinwood, win a third and we host Hollow-Rock and open a possible path into the third round. But we didn't, so we will play who we play.  We will watch and study film, look for a weakness, and try our darndest to execute our game plan.  It will take everyone on the field and on the sidelines to pull out a win, but it can be done.  With the weather forecast looking more like fall, and not monsoon season, we will be able to use our talent and speed to move the ball.  With that being said, we will need to control the clock and move the chains to keep possession and our defense off the field as much as we can.  If we can keep from gifting them field position or the ball or from wearing us down early, there is a chance.  There's always a chance.  I will take that chance.  This is a new year, a new team, a new dynamic.  The teams from the past are fun to talk about and to look back on, but this is the now.  This is the moment to rise and to shine.  Fayetteville Tigers 17, the other team 14.  Final.  WHAAAT?

I like your spunk, but to be real Huntingdon isn't a team that "wears you down"...they can and will score on the first play of the drive, kick you the ball and play defense...DB's are fast, LB's are fast, and linemen are fast, but because they're small don't think you can line up and run at them.

Enough with the doom and gloom from us westerners...you have the recipe. Get on the bus intending to win, get off the bus looking for a scrap, and give your best on every snap.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I like your spunk, but to be real Huntingdon isn't a team that "wears you down"...they can and will score on the first play of the drive, kick you the ball and play defense...DB's are fast, LB's are fast, and linemen are fast, but because they're small don't think you can line up and run at them.

Enough with the doom and gloom from us westerners...you have the recipe. Get on the bus intending to win, get off the bus looking for a scrap, and give your best on every snap.

A poet and didn't know it! I've had respect for Fville since the first time WC squared off against them a few years back but they've not played the caliber team and environment they will this Friday. Paul Ward is one of the nicest stadiums you'll play at in 1A, top notch! And the field, well it's far from the cow pasture, as Huntingdon fans call it, that y'all played on at WC 

6 hours ago, Waker said:

A few things about this Mustang team. These boys have been running this offense, or something similar to this offense since they were in youth league and they are running it well. They haven't given away turnovers. They have been outmatched , size wise, in most big games, but it doesn't seem to bother them. They can hit! Especially in the secondary. They have made good backs look less than average. If you throw up a 50/50 ball, it is Huntingdons ball. If you punt it to a returner, there is a good chance it will be taken to the house. They close on the ball and don't miss tackles. Scary speed! Everywhere!

Huntingdon is a big 1A school with a lot of talent. They are the favorite each year for the next 4 seasons. 

9 hours ago, Varo said:

You speak my name Southtowner and there I am!  And thanks for the sympathy Ambassador, don't know what we would do without you.  Talk about self-inflicted damage; a rain soaked field and capable QB in Amor from Grace Christian didn't act very Christian-like in giving us a loss on Friday to put us in fourth place and having to meet that team from up northwest in the first round.  Could we have won, certainly.  Should we have won, definitely.  But at the final whistle, with Amor running draw after draw, we did not stop him and lost.

So now the play-offs.  The start of the "Second Season".  Did you say over-whelming odds?  Did you say 2 hours and 40 minute drive?  In a bus?  Did you say c-ya next year?  Baloney.  Well, not the odds and not the distance.  That is legit.  But the Tigers seem to go into a game as underdogs and come out to the good.  No, not against SP, so don't start, but mostly.  We fight to the last whistle, regardless of the odds or the score.  

Do we have a chance?  Every team has a chance, if they stick to their game plan, have some or make some lucky breaks, and have some exceptional individual effort.  No doubt this has been a head-scratcher year.  Wins against bigger teams, and losses to teams we could have beat (or even better, should have beat).  That's high school football for you, win one more district game and you go to Wayne Co., win two and we host Collinwood, win a third and we host Hollow-Rock and open a possible path into the third round. But we didn't, so we will play who we play.  We will watch and study film, look for a weakness, and try our darndest to execute our game plan.  It will take everyone on the field and on the sidelines to pull out a win, but it can be done.  With the weather forecast looking more like fall, and not monsoon season, we will be able to use our talent and speed to move the ball.  With that being said, we will need to control the clock and move the chains to keep possession and our defense off the field as much as we can.  If we can keep from gifting them field position or the ball or from wearing us down early, there is a chance.  There's always a chance.  I will take that chance.  This is a new year, a new team, a new dynamic.  The teams from the past are fun to talk about and to look back on, but this is the now.  This is the moment to rise and to shine.  Fayetteville Tigers 17, the other team 14.  Final.  WHAAAT?

Well said my friend, well said

8 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

Why you little #### lol, WC is returning a huge class of starters and have had a lot of luck against hhs. 

The beauty of Huntingdon is they get a little big headed when things are going their way. They had their chest stuck out a couple years ago and reality bit them in the rear (injury bug). The reason they are so fun to hate, I guess. They are great at tooting their own horns but struggle giving credit when it's due to other teams. Think Dresden, WC and LC will have something to say about their four year plan of dominance. 

With all my Huntingdon hate speech over they are awesome this year.

Go Fayetteville!!!!

10 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

A poet and didn't know it! I've had respect for Fville since the first time WC squared off against them a few years back but they've not played the caliber team and environment they will this Friday. Paul Ward is one of the nicest stadiums you'll play at in 1A, top notch! And the field, well it's far from the cow pasture, as Huntingdon fans call it, that y'all played on at WC 

Only thing bad about your facilities is the parking. Which our parking is not the greatest either.

47 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

The beauty of Huntingdon is they get a little big headed when things are going their way. They had their chest stuck out a couple years ago and reality bit them in the rear (injury bug). The reason they are so fun to hate, I guess. They are great at tooting their own horns but struggle giving credit when it's due to other teams. Think Dresden, WC and LC will have something to say about their four year plan of dominance. 

With all my Huntingdon hate speech over they are awesome this year.

Go Fayetteville!!!!

That was actually not a Huntingdon fan that said that.  Although he has been pushing for us all year.  I do think we will have a good team the next few years.  I don't know if we will be the favorites.  I don't think we are ever anyone's favorites.  Seems to me we are hated by everyone. Lol