Covington

Semi-Final winners

Alcoa

Covington

State Championship Winner

Alcoa 31 - Covington 28

lol at this and you lenoir ryne. not  a chance in heck

On 11/1/2017 at 8:36 AM, haweanbula said:

Doesn't mean that they will this year. You can use past games as bragging rights but you shouldn't use them to determine if you will beat a team again. 

Cmon up and find out, they only beat 1 team with a winning record! Thats what your hanging your hat on??? See ya Friday!!!

17 hours ago, Horn2 said:

Cmon up and find out, they only beat 1 team with a winning record! Thats what your hanging your hat on??? See ya Friday!!!

Chill I don't care about either one of these teams. I have no association with either one. So, no you won't be seeing me Friday. I could care less who wins out of these two teams. 

Edited by haweanbula

Round 1

Northview Academy

Austin East

Kingston

Alcoa

Red Bank

York

Loudon

Smith Co.

Pearl

East Nashville

Giles Co.

Fairview

Covington

Milan

South Gibson

Raleigh Egypt

Round 2

Austin East

Alcoa

Red Bank

Loudon

Pearl

Fairview

Covington

Raleigh Egypt

Quarterfinals

Alcoa

Red Bank

Pearl

Covington

Semis

Alcoa

Pearl

Championship Game

PC- 21

Alcoa-14

Edited by Gerry Bertier
Cleaning it up

2 hours ago, Gerry Bertier said:

Round 1

Northview Academy

Austin East

Kingston

Alcoa

Red Bank

York

Loudon

Smith Co.

Pearl

East Nashville

Giles Co.

Fairview

Covington

Milan

South Gibson

Raleigh Egypt

Round 2

Austin East

Alcoa

Red Bank

Loudon

Pearl

Fairview

Covington

Raleigh Egypt

Quarterfinals

Alcoa

Red Bank

Pearl

Covington

Semis

Alcoa

Pearl

Championship Game

PC- 21

Alcoa-14

I respect your opinion,  but just curious,  how did you come up with the final?  PC lost to Cookeville by 3 Tds and Alcoa lost to Maryville by 4 pts, is Cookeville that much better than Maryville? 

12 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I respect your opinion,  but just curious,  how did you come up with the final?  PC lost to Cookeville by 3 Tds and Alcoa lost to Maryville by 4 pts, is Cookeville that much better than Maryville? 

No problem. Here is my reasoning. 1st I have not seen Alcoa in person this year, I have only seen video.

1. I don't like to play the who played who game because in reality Cookeville was playing its best ball when Pearl played them and Maryville had yet to hit its stride against Alcoa. Plus the Alcoa-Maryville match up has two teams that are quite familiar with one another. 

2. I believe Pearl Cohn's offense will be the best Alcoa has seen in the playoffs since the CAK teams that beat the F5 a couple of years ago. They have the ability to run and pass, which to me is how you beat Alcoa, unless your CPA and have Super Man playing for you.

3. Alcoa is down from recent years in my opinion. Now that is not saying much because they are still the elite team in 3A. Just think they can be beaten this year, most years that is not the case. 

4. Pearl Cohn was in Cookeville last year, so they will not be shell shocked at the situation they find themselves in, plus Alcoa would not be the best team the Firebirds had played all year.

Honestly I could see this game going either way, but would love for some fresh blood to win the gold ball.

Round 1

Johnson County

AE

Kingston

Alcoa

Red Bank

York

Loudon

Smith

Pearl Cohn

Cheatham

Giles