Annual Gerry Bertier 3A Playoff Pick Em Contest

Gerry Bertier

On 10/30/2017 at 10:33 AM, haweanbula said:

Round 1 winners
Northview Academy (I'm calling it now!!!!!!)
Austin East
Kingston
Alcoa
Red Bank
York
Loudon
Smith Co.
Pearl-Cohn
Cheatham Co.
Giles Co.
Fairview
Covington
Wooddale
South Gibson County
Raleigh-Egypt

Round 2 Winners
Austin East
Alcoa
Red Bank
Loudon
Pearl-Cohn
Fairview
Covington
Raleigh-Egypt

Quarterfinals Winners
Alcoa
Red Bank
Pearl-Cohn
Raleigh-Egypt

Semifinals Winners

Alcoa
Pearl-Cohn

Championship

Alcoa 34-28

U know jc has beaten then 2 years in a row

2 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Covington fan doesn’t even have PC in the final. He/she thinks they hang 35 on Alcoa, how much they plan on hanging on PC??? 70??:roflol:

Just what you said Covington fans. Who don't have Alcoa vs PC in the finals? Not saying it'll happen but as of right now that's the game everyone wants to see.

I agree, most people want to see the alcoa/PC matchup in the finals. But I do believe that covington has a legit shot to put a damper in those plans. They are the only team I could see doing it. I don't put much stock in Raleigh Egypt even with their 10-0 schedule. 

I also don't think anybody will hang 30 on alcoa, but the wing-t offense that covington runs, or used to run (not sure if they still do) will be a challenge for whoever they face. Tough to simulate it in practice, especially in a week. 

24 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

I agree, most people want to see the alcoa/PC matchup in the finals. But I do believe that covington has a legit shot to put a damper in those plans. They are the only team I could see doing it. I don't put much stock in Raleigh Egypt even with their 10-0 schedule. 

I also don't think anybody will hang 30 on alcoa, but the wing-t offense that covington runs, or used to run (not sure if they still do) will be a challenge for whoever they face. Tough to simulate it in practice, especially in a week. 

Alcoa is strong from everything I read. But, in the last three games of the season Covington's wing-t scored 49 versus South Gibson County ( # 8 in 3A) and 35 versus Crockett County (top 10 in 4A) then finished the season with 47 versus Bolivar (had been top ten in 3A most of this season). Three wins against especially strong teams. I doubt that anybody in the state had a finish to the season like that.

Now, we could lose earlier in the playoffs, but our team should be playoff ready.

36 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

If Covington runs a wing -t, then PC will definitely welcome them to Nashville...lol

11 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

If Covington runs a wing -t, then PC will definitely welcome them to Nashville...lol

I hope we get a chance to show you guys. We haven't had to throw the ball much this year but we have a capable QB and several good receivers,no doubt we'll have to mix in more of the pass and not just on third and long.

1 hour ago, bglass said:

I hope we get a chance to show you guys. We haven't had to throw the ball much this year but we have a capable QB and several good receivers,no doubt we'll have to mix in more of the pass and not just on third and long.

Most definitely! But once you get down 2 or more touchdowns, it's hard to come back in that offense