Annual Gerry Bertier 3A Playoff Pick Em Contest

Gerry Bertier

On 11/27/2017 at 11:35 AM, ManOfMillions said:

Any updates on the standings?

Millions, I don't know what happened to Gerry. You and I may have to go through the entries and figure it out ourselves. Can't do it now, though, I'm getting ready to travel to Cookeville.

You and I were the only two who picked Covington and Alcoa to win the semis. You were tied for the lead after the previous round and picked up 8 points each for those winners. I did too, but was one point behind you, so can't catch you since we both picked Covington to win it all.

You are 8 points ahead of the pack, since the rest picked PC to win. However, if Alcoa beats Covington, those who picked them will get 16 points and pass you.

You need to pull hard for Covington.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

darn skippy im pulling for covington!!!!   

With that being said Alcoa is different machine..... In my opinion Covington has already won the state. Alcoa should not be playing 3a ball. I have zero interest in discussing that I'm just sharing my opinion. Alcoa has a great coach and they play for the ball ever single year. IF your chargers find a way to win this game it really will be magical. Your chargers are way underdogs in this game. If I were an odds maker I put the line at 15.5. BUT your chargers were way underdogs to PC and found a way to win the game. I can only go by what I know. I have seen covington play 3 times this year and you guys are the best team I have seen in several years. I have never watched Alcoa I just know that they have a history of making " great " west TN teams look stupid when they finally get to play them.  

The tornadoes are going to look more like a 10% chance of precipitation after they meet the mighty chargers!!!!

GO CHARGERS!!!! 

10 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

darn skippy im pulling for covington!!!!   

With that being said Alcoa is different machine..... In my opinion Covington has already won the state. Alcoa should not be playing 3a ball. I have zero interest in discussing that I'm just sharing my opinion. Alcoa has a great coach and they play for the ball ever single year. IF your chargers find a way to win this game it really will be magical. Your chargers are way underdogs in this game. If I were an odds maker I put the line at 15.5. BUT your chargers were way underdogs to PC and found a way to win the game. I can only go by what I know. I have seen covington play 3 times this year and you guys are the best team I have seen in several years. I have never watched Alcoa I just know that they have a history of making " great " west TN teams look stupid when they finally get to play them.  

The tornadoes are going to look more like a 10% chance of precipitation after they meet the mighty chargers!!!!

GO CHARGERS!!!! 

LOST. YOUR. MIND.....

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

since we have not had the standings updated in a couple of weeks, it will be interesting to see how things shake out.  I think it is gonna be very close!!

If I have the scoring system correct, I think the final scores are

SGHS  - 74

Old Indian-71

BPM- 71

32Hammer-67