Annual Gerry Bertier 3A Playoff Pick Em Contest

Gerry Bertier

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

I respect your opinion,  but just curious,  how did you come up with the final?  PC lost to Cookeville by 3 Tds and Alcoa lost to Maryville by 4 pts, is Cookeville that much better than Maryville? 

For the last time PC had 7 starters out that game. hate to bring that up because it takes away from Cookeville and that's not cool. just think bout it we avg 40 points a game. Cookeville is good but not that good to hold PC to 7 points.

31 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

For the last time PC had 7 starters out that game. hate to bring that up because it takes away from Cookeville and that's not cool. just think bout it we avg 40 points a game. Cookeville is good but not that good to hold PC to 7 points.

Then add the slip and slide field but I'm glad we lost because I feel like that game really woke us up.

3 hours ago, Gerry Bertier said:

No problem. Here is my reasoning. 1st I have not seen Alcoa in person this year, I have only seen video.

1. I don't like to play the who played who game because in reality Cookeville was playing its best ball when Pearl played them and Maryville had yet to hit its stride against Alcoa. Plus the Alcoa-Maryville match up has two teams that are quite familiar with one another. 

2. I believe Pearl Cohn's offense will be the best Alcoa has seen in the playoffs since the CAK teams that beat the F5 a couple of years ago. They have the ability to run and pass, which to me is how you beat Alcoa, unless your CPA and have Super Man playing for you.

3. Alcoa is down from recent years in my opinion. Now that is not saying much because they are still the elite team in 3A. Just think they can be beaten this year, most years that is not the case. 

4. Pearl Cohn was in Cookeville last year, so they will not be shell shocked at the situation they find themselves in, plus Alcoa would not be the best team the Firebirds had played all year.

Honestly I could see this game going either way, but would love for some fresh blood to win the gold ball.

1. PC gave up 47 to cordova, 24 to MC, 28 to Cville, 46 to cpa 27 to Giles and 45 to MBA...but you're predicting the hold Alcoa to 14? 

2. Name the last time Alcoa was within 4 points of Maryville that Alcoa didn't win state

3. Last time a public school beat Alcoa in playoffs..18 yrs ago!

4. PC didn't make it to Cookeville last yr, lost in the semis

5. Look at PC s offensive numbers when they play high quality teams, MBA, Cookeville  even MC, not lighting it up. Alcoa put up 24 in 1st half vs maryville. I wonder if alot of PC offensive numbers arent inflated, similar to AE.

6. Again this is just fun speculation until the 15th game. Neither team may make it, but this really looks like subjective hope for a new champ in 3A rather than objective evidence.

Again, respect your opinion and appreciate your time breaking it down. 

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

1. PC gave up 47 to cordova, 24 to MC, 28 to Cville, 46 to cpa 27 to Giles and 45 to MBA...but you're predicting the hold Alcoa to 14? 

2. Name the last time Alcoa was within 4 points of Maryville that Alcoa didn't win state

5. Look at PC s offensive numbers when they play high quality teams, MBA, Cookeville  even MC, not lighting it up. Alcoa put up 24 in 1st half vs maryville. I wonder if alot of PC offensive numbers arent inflated, similar to AE.

6. Again this is just fun speculation until the 15th game. Neither team may make it, but this really looks like subjective hope for a new champ in 3A rather than objective evidence.

Hopefully we'll meet up and really find out!!

3 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Ha! You just OWNED Gerry!

owned.jpg.804581a87490f58f58fbe099572c47d5.jpg

Classic!:thumb:

6 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Ask CPA if Pearl Cohn is the real deal. The lions have faced the F5 and Firebirds numerous times the last couple of seasons. They will say PC is a formidable opponent.