Marion County vs Westmoreland

MarionMadness

1 hour ago, RTD said:

If MC has speed and can get to the outside they will have a running clock by 4th Westmoreland has no passing game at all so if MC gets up by more than 1 TD the game is over

I totally agree with you. The Marion offensive speed is just as fast as it has been the last several years. The defensive speed isn't. 

1 hour ago, 64NB95 said:

I am going to readjust my prediction from earlier post.  After evaluating Marion County's running game.  I don't believe we can keep them out of the end zone for 4 quarters.

Westmoreland  48

MC                         7

LMBO, I'm not sure this guy is legit. 

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

marion will beat trousdale in two weeks 

I believe it will be a good game. 

31 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Does anyone believe this Marion team is capable of winning a Gold Ball?Only have ever seen them once and they had a great record that year,I am just confused by the East,but it's not.my stomping ground so I am ignorant to y'all s ballgames!!!!

They have ZERO shot at a gold ball. I don't know if they will represent the east, but I will be shocked if they aren't within 14 points of any other team in the east. BTW.  The east has ZERO chance at the gold ball as well. Waverly, Union City, or Peabody will be in Cookeville and will spank the east team. It will likely be the same was in 1A as well. 

20 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I totally agree with you. The Marion offensive speed is just as fast as it has been the last several years. The defensive speed isn't. 

LMBO, I'm not sure this guy is legit. 

I believe it will be a good game. 

If MC has that type of speed then it will be over by halftime Westmoreland isn’t a team built to play from behind they are a a ground and pound team that chews up the clock and shorten the game once they get a lead MC if it doesn’t rain MC will beat Westmoreland by 3-4 TDS but if Westmoreland gets a lead MC will have problems with Westmoreland power run game 

33 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

They have ZERO shot at a gold ball. I don't know if they will represent the east, but I will be shocked if they aren't within 14 points of any other team in the east. BTW.  The east has ZERO chance at the gold ball as well. Waverly, Union City, or Peabody will be in Cookeville and will spank the east team. It will likely be the same was in 1A as well. 

The east has a lot of catching up to do in the lower classes for sure. These things even out though. I can remember the east absolutely wearing west teams out in the past. MC will be rebuilding again next year but 2019 we do expect to start contending for gold again for a few years in a row. This freshman class we have right now will be very good as juniors. They're getting to see a lot of action right now. We have some good sized linemen coming over from the middle school and a few skill kids that we are excited about. If the middle school qb progresses as he has over the past couple years he will probably start as a sophomore and will be the fastest player we have ever had. A lot of "ifs" in that but you never know how a kid progresses to high school ball. 

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

The east has a lot of catching up to do in the lower classes for sure. These things even out though. I can remember the east absolutely wearing west teams out in the past. MC will be rebuilding again next year but 2019 we do expect to start contending for gold again for a few years in a row. This freshman class we have right now will be very good as juniors. They're getting to see a lot of action right now. We have some good sized linemen coming over from the middle school and a few skill kids that we are excited about. If the middle school qb progresses as he has over the past couple years he will probably start as a sophomore and will be the fastest player we have ever had. A lot of "ifs" in that but you never know how a kid progresses to high school ball. 

I remember those days as well. I remember several years when the east had 4-5 really good teams. Whoever came out of the east would beat the west team by 40-50 points. It comes and goes I guess. 

1 hour ago, 64NB95 said:

Believe me, I am legit and the kids from MC that have seen film on the Eagles know I'm legit.

I'm not a kid and I have seen a few games of Westmoreland on video. #27 and #44 are nice looking backs with good size. The qb is as well. Anything can happen on any given Friday in November. The Eagles just don't strike me as a team that is comfortable playing from behind. It's crucial for MC to get a fast start and get ahead by a couple TDs. Our kids have a lot of confidence right now and we have 4 or 5 that can score from anywhere on any given play. That puts a lot of stress on a defense. MC fans know that most every team in the east will be hoping we lose. These kids have a lot of playoff experience and seem to be excited to start the playoffs. Good luck to you guys and safe travels tomorrow.