Round 2: Elizabethton (9-2) @ Anderson Co. (11-0)

EHSTrack06

3 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

I'm not an A.C. regular hog. I just live close to the Powell Emory area. I attend and support A.C.. I attend and support CampbellCounty, Oak ridge, Powell, Halls and majority of the team's  close to that area. Except Clinton lol... I will be at the A.C. game this week supporting them. But I'm not the one that needs to be focused it's the players 

So your saying the players need too focus on coming up with there excuse for loosing...love it!!! Re read my post,lol,lol

2 minutes ago, hogdogger said:

I'm sure they need it,with all the lake city kids going up there,good luck on that 1 feeder school,,my bad you all don't need luck you all just schedule it..lol,lol

I don't see anything wrong with going to CC if they don't think they can earn playing time at AC.

• Upvote 1

The speed of AC worries me going forward, if we play like we did Friday on the Defensive side of the ball we are in trouble and will need to score 50 and that may still not be enough.  Its not like Grainger just drove down the field on us 3 and 4 yards at a time and we just couldn't stop them, the first drive was like 4 plays and 75 yards and their was one drive that was 1 play for 90.  Our defense kept closing in and Grainger would press the line of scrimmage and then flow to the outside and we didn't have the speed to make up for it early.  We had a good run of about a quarter and a half where the defense finally started stopping that and then Grainger ran right at us and we couldn't stop it and couldn't catch up when they broke one, that worries me.  We are going to have to be disciplined on Defense if we are going to have a shot Friday night.  I was concerned with the fact that Grainger was able to convert on every single 2 point conversion, Grainger was able to keep up with scoring and gain just due to the 2 point conversions.   Not saying we wont be, but we HAVE to be mistake free because we do not have the team speed to make up for mistakes.  We have to be the total package if we are going to go very far and right now it looks like our only chance is to outscore teams, that is not going to last long.  I think this team can do great things and hope they will, but as of now they look vulnerable on Kick Coverage and on the back end of the defense and I think that is mostly due to team speed.  I think AC pulls out a nail biter Friday night in a fairly high scoring game but will not be shocked if Elizabethton pulls out the W. Cheering for the Mavs and hope they come out with a good game plan and execute.

AC 42

Elizabethton 41

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Mav4life said:

The speed of AC worries me going forward, if we play like we did Friday on the Defensive side of the ball we are in trouble and will need to score 50 and that may still not be enough.  Its not like Grainger just drove down the field on us 3 and 4 yards at a time and we just couldn't stop them, the first drive was like 4 plays and 75 yards and their was one drive that was 1 play for 90.  Our defense kept closing in and Grainger would press the line of scrimmage and then flow to the outside and we didn't have the speed to make up for it early.  We had a good run of about a quarter and a half where the defense finally started stopping that and then Grainger ran right at us and we couldn't stop it and couldn't catch up when they broke one, that worries me.  We are going to have to be disciplined on Defense if we are going to have a shot Friday night.  I was concerned with the fact that Grainger was able to convert on every single 2 point conversion, Grainger was able to keep up with scoring and gain just due to the 2 point conversions.   Not saying we wont be, but we HAVE to be mistake free because we do not have the team speed to make up for mistakes.  We have to be the total package if we are going to go very far and right now it looks like our only chance is to outscore teams, that is not going to last long.  I think this team can do great things and hope they will, but as of now they look vulnerable on Kick Coverage and on the back end of the defense and I think that is mostly due to team speed.  I think AC pulls out a nail biter Friday night in a fairly high scoring game but will not be shocked if Elizabethton pulls out the W. Cheering for the Mavs and hope they come out with a good game plan and execute.

AC 42

Elizabethton 41

Yeah, good luck with that!! Lol No seriously good luck to both teams. I pray for good sportsmanship and no injuries. What time will the gates open and is the parking decent. We plan on getting there early. Maybe get something to eat near the stadium. Any suggestions?   

CYCLONES 56

AC 20 

9 minutes ago, cyclones1 said:

Yeah, good luck with that!! Lol No seriously good luck to both teams. I pray for good sportsmanship and no injuries. What time will the gates open and is the parking decent. We plan on getting there early. Maybe get something to eat near the stadium. Any suggestions?   

CYCLONES 56

AC 20 

I can not see that score as relevant, whatsoever. I feel the same however this is time when both teams need to stay healthy and pray the both stay that way and that the better team come out in victory.

The Golden Girls restaurant is one of the best places for some down home country cooking. Rated as best in area. As soon as you get off the exit about half mile on your right and it less then a half mile from the Mavericks on the same side so you do not loose any time. Perfect stop before the game.

16 minutes ago, cyclones1 said:

CYCLONES 56

AC 20 

Gates should open around or a little after 5 if you get here early enough you can park right by the fence by the field plenty of parking

32 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I can not see that score as relevant, whatsoever. I feel the same however this is time when both teams need to stay healthy and pray the both stay that way and that the better team come out in victory.

The Golden Girls restaurant is one of the best places for some down home country cooking. Rated as best in area. As soon as you get off the exit about half mile on your right and it less then a half mile from the Mavericks on the same side so you do not loose any time. Perfect stop before the game.

Thanks for the info

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mav4life said:

AC 42

Elizabethton 41

I agree with what you say. I as well wondered how Ac couldn’t stop the 2 point conversions. Ac is in trouble if not this week then biggggg trouble next week. Book it! 

14 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

I agree with what you say. I as well wondered how Ac couldn’t stop the 2 point conversions. Ac is in trouble if not this week then biggggg trouble next week. Book it! 

Oh no we are in trouble again! That's why they call us Mavericks; a Maverick is always in trouble. LOL :) Devilman I knew you would have a negative reaction. Fuel for your fire. LOL :) yeah we will definitely need to speed up and lock up defense this week. Betsy is playing there best. Our big thing is to not let anyone outside the designated perimeters and collapse the QB and get those hands up to block passes fundamentals etc. And we will why....Because we have the talent and staff to execute! It's definitely going to be 4 quarters of play. Our running game should be the difference overall for our success.