West Rebels @ OR Wildcats Round 2

SweetScience

5 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Two great defenses going head to head. OR won in the regular season 23-13. Who will come out on top @ Blankenship?

OR, after big wins over Fulton and Soddy Daisy due to our stingy defense and workman like offense and West with a emotional victory over Rhea County should provide for a heart stopping contest.

West will be in a foul mood after losing to OR earlier and their defensive line is very talented. I don't see either team scoring in the 30's. This game is too hard to predict right now so I will just say OR vs West and Fulton vs Catholic might be the two best games in 5A football.

5 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Should be a classic playoff battle at the Ship.  I know those Rebs will be ready for a fight.  And the winner gets Fulton or Catholic!  One game at time.  Need more fans to show up next week.  

Is this game in Oak Ridge? I work in Oak Ridge & this might be the game to watch next Friday night. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:31 AM, WilleTheWildcat said:

OR, after big wins over Fulton and Soddy Daisy due to our stingy defense and workman like offense and West with a emotional victory over Rhea County should provide for a heart stopping contest.

West will be in a foul mood after losing to OR earlier and their defensive line is very talented. I don't see either team scoring in the 30's. This game is too hard to predict right now so I will just say OR vs West and Fulton vs Catholic might be the two best games in 5A football.

I wouldn't count Fulton out just yet. Through the years, Fulton has probably beaten Catholic as many times as Catholic has beaten Fulton.

7 hours ago, atrisk said:

Just watched the replay. Did the Offence take a half step back? Soddy ' s defense wasn't supposed to be that good, but held us in check for alot of the game. JG look fast despite field conditions. 

I think the field conditions (which were deplorable) hurt both offenses and helped both defenses. If it rains again this week, there won't be 20 points scored in this game. West and OR possess the two best defenses around and the third best defense is our horrible field.