South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Boldin man again)

Roy Dillard

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

It does seem to go by really fast. It gets faster as we get older. 

Here's an analogy of sorts as to why time seems to go by faster as you get older.

Take a 15 year old kid.  5 years to him is 1/3 of his life.

Take a 50 year old man.  5 years is only 1/10 of his life.  1/3 of his life is more than 100% of the 15 year old kid.  

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Here's an analogy of sorts as to why time seems to go by faster as you get older.

Take a 50 year old man.  5 years is only 1/10 of his life.  1/3 of his life is more than 100% of the 15 year old kid.  

My. Mind. Is> 

Image result for mind blown gif

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

That CFL league comes in a close second. 

Sounds like we are on the same thinking when it comes to football. The CFL is exciting plus having a good ole SP boy coaching up there that has won a Grey Cup as a head coach is something special. But,like Piartetom said,HS football is tops,hands down.

5 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Now...now.. we know deep down you really think Whitwell is better than SP. That's ok though... you have a lot of great athletes. 

My 2 cents for what its worth: we've not had a coaching staff since the 91 season. Vic has been at the top of the 1a class for years plus all the athletes in SP. I don't think this year is much different other than we got a good staff put together and the kids have bought in. Its not that Whitwell kids are great, but they have played together since pee wee (wolf pack). That doesn't happen much in Whitwell, and I think that's the difference.

Not kidding lol

1 hour ago, Throck said:

My 2 cents for what its worth: we've not had a coaching staff since the 91 season. Vic has been at the top of the 1a class for years plus all the athletes in SP. I don't think this year is much different other than we got a good staff put together and the kids have bought in. Its not that Whitwell kids are great, but they have played together since pee wee (wolf pack). That doesn't happen much in Whitwell, and I think that's the difference.

Not kidding lol

I think ya'll benefited from a good coach the last couple of years and the new coach is good and was able to build on that success. 

3 hours ago, rlh said:

I think ya'll benefited from a good coach the last couple of years and the new coach is good and was able to build on that success. 

Agree, this is the best team Whitwell has had in 25 yrs. Those kids are not Super Stars. They have a smart coach and that makes them look good. My guess is SP has more athletes on the field JUST younger. Good coaching makes good performance

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Man, I'm not only surprised but grateful to reach 50