Brad Lee vizits Mairvul #2

STARSNBARS

14 hours ago, alt1958 said:

But if Barney thinks I will be quiet if I think we are getting a raw deal he'd better stay home cause he won't like it lolol ;)

Bradley is one of the most undisciplined teams I've seen this year. If you have no discipline you will have a very rocky road trying to match up with Maryville. I can't blame fans for getting upset if they think there was a blown call but for adults to act like the one's that were ushered over to the side that night tends to make me believe the apple's on the field don't fall to far from the tree. I also want a fair as possible game between the two schools. I can't argue any of the calls that were made that night because my attention wasn't on the subject call.  To be fair I did see one time when we had the ball and it was third down and we clearly didn't make it and the official gave the Rebels and extra foot on the spot which gave them a first down.  I personally didn't like that at all and I can't even remember now how that drive ended but I saw that for sure. My pot shots aren't at the good fans of Bradley but the Igmo's that got sent to the principle's office for not acting their age.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Bradley is one of the most undisciplined teams I've seen this year. If you have no discipline you will have a very rocky road trying to match up with Maryville. I can't blame fans for getting upset if they think there was a blown call but for adults to act like the one's that were ushered over to the side that night tends to make me believe the apple's on the field don't fall to far from the tree. I also want a fair as possible game between the two schools. I can't argue any of the calls that were made that night because my attention wasn't on the subject call.  To be fair I did see one time when we had the ball and it was third down and we clearly didn't make it and the official gave the Rebels and extra foot on the spot which gave them a first down.  I personally didn't like that at all and I can't even remember now how that drive ended but I saw that for sure. My pot shots aren't at the good fans of Bradley but the Igmo's that got sent to the principle's office for not acting their age.

Hey Barney, let's talk:

1. Yes indeed, we had an unauthorized fan on the sideline. Not a parent of any player. He misbehaved and should have definitely been sent to the "Principal's office." Agreed.

2. Yes our Bears are undisciplined at times. Fair statement. They are doing better but still need to improve in this area. Agreed.

3. All Zebras miss calls. None of us are perfect. An honest mistake is always allowable. Agreed.

4. Maryville has the best program in the state for the past 2 decades. Winning cures all ailments and it's very easy to look past bad calls or even home cooking when your team NEVER loses. The challenge for your fans will be: How will they behave if the shoe is ever on the other foot in a close game? Maybe yours will pass the test. ??? Can you agree?

5. Maryville is by far the favorite. The Bears will show up and play hard. Officials are from another area of the state. Authorities will more closely monitor who gets on the field. The team that plays the best should win. Can you Agree?

Bear fans are passionate and we have a great school and athletic program. ALL schools have a few "Igmo's." You are fortunate to win easily every week so that yours haven't been exposed. Can you agree?

All that said, Friday will be a good game in a great atmosphere at a super facility where 95% of the players, coaches and fans will enjoy watching young men compete and do the right thing. Let's forget the other 5%. How about it?

4 hours ago, BCBearsDen said:

4. Maryville has the best program in the state for the past 2 decades. Winning cures all ailments and it's very easy to look past bad calls or even home cooking when your team NEVER loses. The challenge for your fans will be: How will they behave if the shoe is ever on the other foot in a close game? Maybe yours will pass the test. ??? Can you agree?

referee-ineligiblesignal.gif

We had a test a few years back. We followed the lead of our head coach. 

Hey Barney, let's talk:

1. Yes indeed, we had an unauthorized fan on the sideline. Not a parent of any player. He misbehaved and should have definitely been sent to the "Principal's office." Agreed.

2. Yes our Bears are undisciplined at times. Fair statement. They are doing better but still need to improve in this area. Agreed.

3. All Zebras miss calls. None of us are perfect. An honest mistake is always allowable. Agreed.

5. Maryville is by far the favorite. The Bears will show up and play hard. Officials are from another area of the state. Authorities will more closely monitor who gets on the field. The team that plays the best should win. Can you Agree?

Bear fans are passionate and we have a great school and athletic program. ALL schools have a few "Igmo's." You are fortunate to win easily every week so that yours haven't been exposed. Can you agree?

All that said, Friday will be a good game in a great atmosphere at a super facility where 95% of the players, coaches and fans will enjoy watching young men compete and do the right thing. Let's forget the other 5%. How about it?

Hey Barney, let's talk:

Great post and yes I do agree and glad there will be different officials. I'm glad Bradley won and saved us a trip to Kingsport. If Bradley could get the discipline taken care of on the field it could be anybody's ballgame.  Just like Catholic and that clueless boy wonder that has caused them a half a mile in penalties this year cost them the Maryville game because he had absolutely no discipline. You know if that kid played for Hunt or Rankin both of those coaches would run him off as to let a big rotten apple lay in the middle of the basket and spread to the other apples.