#1 Ranked GreenEville Vs Anderson County

DevilMan03

5 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I think you're right about the fans, but here's something to consider. Greeneville's entire roster has never advanced beyond the TSSAA quarterfinals. I don't think the players are taking anyone lightly, especially after what happened last year.

Yes, I can see that especially after last year's QF game with Central.  Those players experienced that and on paper there's no way Central should have beaten them. 

13 minutes ago, MavMaximus said:

Yes, I can see that especially after last year's QF game with Central.  Those players experienced that and on paper there's no way Central should have beaten them. 

Taking off the Devil glasses here.Yes Central won on the hail mary but before that happened,I really thought Greeneville was very fortunate to be in position to win.Reason being, Central was very good up front and played a very good game that night .That all said,Central didn't win anything and the best team came out of the west.That means this is a huge game but who knows how good the teams out west really are  again this year.

43 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Taking off the Devil glasses here.Yes Central won on the hail mary but before that happened,I really thought Greeneville was very fortunate to be in position to win.Reason being, Central was very good up front and played a very good game that night .That all said,Central didn't win anything and the best team came out of the west.That means this is a huge game but who knows how good the teams out west really are  again this year.

Haywood is a very good team, and Marshall County isn't too far behind them.

I'll add my to cents and there will be some that will probably not like it.  Last year's games and this year's previous game are dead!  They mean didly squat!!

However, I will say this!  I do believe AC football players & coaches are hungry and a little underrated-overlooked by most and shouldn't be.  The AC fans on this thread seems to be very hungry. I wonder if the fans are more hungrier than the team though?  I could be wrong and have been before. The team has made it this far!  

The Greene players & coaches are hungry and knows what's at stake and all attention and focus is on this game like never before.   The Greene fans are optimistic because they know Greene can do it if the team comes in with the fire! 

Bottom line:  AC will play with tons of pride and emotion because they want revenge and to approve everyone wrong about Greene!  Will the emotions get the best of them?  They will have to harness that emotion and play smart heads up football with every snap and no mistakes.

Bottom line:  Greene will play with pride as well and with one thing in mind...AC will not be overlooked & motivated-determined to get to Cookeville.  Greene will need to stay focused 4qts and play their game!

Championship teams sometimes do not look like what they should, but some how they get it done.  Both AC and Greene has done that thus far.  

What or should I say, WHO will continue to get it done and move to the next round?  Motivation-Determination OR Revenge-out to prove everyone wrong?   

Agree and very good analysis Romans. I will add,  I sure hope the Mavericks are not so excited over Elizabethton victory that they mentally lose sight of Greeneville. I do not see that because of the fact that they have Greeneville # since last year and I believe they are Hungary. I hope mentally they know Betsy was just the means to end Greenevilles dominance and just as important a step in the final destination for the Gold Ball. 

On 11/13/2017 at 0:09 PM, LarryGee77 said:

Not to jump into the fight but I know now that AC has 4 or 5 big weapons on offense.  I said this very same thing to a man close to the AC program just Saturday and here is his response.  Yes, AC had trouble in that preseason scrimmage...however...their top 2 receivers who now have close if not over 1,000 yds receiving and 19 tds a piece did not play in that scrimmage.  Also #18 who is also a playmaker was not full speed and was limited.  So a lot of offense was missing that day and it showed.  So Tad if you want to go on record saying that YOUR mediocre Falcons...and yes...this year and the past 3 they HAVE been mediocre....handled that team then go for it.  The rest of us are excited about this match up and I happen to think that it could go either way.  I won't be surprised if Greeneville wins...and I won't be surprised if AC wins.  Going back to last years scores and a preseason scrimmage is just sad.  Both teams body of work during the season where it counts is most important.  Have a great Basketball season Tad and tell Jody Larry says go win another title.

I have seen both teams pre season .. no comparison .. I think the moment will be too big for A.C... they played nobody this season .. they just glad they don' have to play Catholic . Fulton . Central and some others .. they would have traveled to Memphis .. Lol.  Seriously they are better but don' see them getting past the Devils .. they will not have seen that kind of environment this year for sure ...

Just now, Tadvols said:

I have seen both teams pre season .. no comparison .. I think the moment will be too big for A.C... they played nobody this season .. they just glad they don' have to play Catholic . Fulton . Central and some others .. they would have traveled to Memphis .. Lol.  Seriously they are better but don' see them getting past the Devils .. they will not have seen that kind of environment this year for sure ...

In 2012 Fulton played poorly in  2 preseason games...then 3 years in a row happened.  That was my first year back.  So preseason scrimmages don't mean a thing.  Good luck to both teams.  If I could I'd go but with my health it's impossible.

30 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Agree and very good analysis Romans. I will add,  I sure hope the Mavericks are not so excited over Elizabethton victory that they mentally lose sight of Greeneville. I do not see that because of the fact that they have Greeneville # since last year and I believe they are Hungary. I hope mentally they know Betsy was just the means to end Greenevilles dominance and just as important a step in the final destination for the Gold Ball. 

How have they had Greeneville number since lastyear? Because I remember a 55-9 loss and a 3-7 season for the ac