#1 Ranked GreenEville Vs Anderson County

DevilMan03

Ok since nobody wants to offer any opinions or discussion on the potential game plans for AC and Gville, I will try another question that might get some meaningful discussion going:

Has Martin gotten any offers yet?  He obviously has great stats and he looks like he has a good arm and is very athletic.  But as Ballard is experiencing to a degree, these college coaches will overlook a QB if he isn't 6 feet tall.  Personally, i think that is so dumb if a kid has all of the tools.  Will AC's QB get a shot at the next level?

1 minute ago, DeeJay32 said:

Ok since nobody wants to offer any opinions or discussion on the potential game plans for AC and Gville, I will try another question that might get some meaningful discussion going:

Has Martin gotten any offers yet?  He obviously has great stats and he looks like he has a good arm and is very athletic.  But as Ballard is experiencing to a degree, these college coaches will overlook a QB if he isn't 6 feet tall.  Personally, i think that is so dumb if a kid has all of the tools.  Will AC's QB get a shot at the next level?

I know that several schools have shown interest in Martin, not sure which ones though.

Lord it has taken me days to get through all the pages.  Let me say this---  The team that wants it the most wins this game---  Cade and Stanton will do there THANG, but it's MORE about TEAM-----  However I have liked the "my QB is better than yours" lawddddddddddy! Dont let me leave out "My coaching staff is better than yours" YIKKKKEEEEESSSSS---  Good read!

From what i have heard Cade has offers from Austin Peay, Wofford and Carson Newman with all the academys talking to him and other colleges.  High GPA, studying for his private pilots license, community involved, the list goes on for this kid and he will do great things!  Humble kid-----   I know I know I know--- Martin is the same and I am proud of that young man as well!!!  True young leaders! Hats off to both kids!

Whose defense can stop which high octane offense???  That is the question for me....  We will soon find out!!!!  Go Devils

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greene4747 said:

Lord it has taken me days to get through all the pages.  Let me say this---  The team that wants it the most wins this game---  Cade and Stanton will do there THANG, but it's MORE about TEAM-----  However I have liked the "my QB is better than yours" lawddddddddddy! Dont let me leave out "My coaching staff is better than yours" YIKKKKEEEEESSSSS---  Good read!

From what i have heard Cade has offers from Austin Peay, Wofford and Carson Newman with all the academys talking to him and other colleges.  High GPA, studying for his private pilots license, community involved, the list goes on for this kid and he will do great things!  Humble kid-----   I know I know I know--- Martin is the same and I am proud of that young man as well!!!  True young leaders! Hats off to both kids!

Whose defense can stop which high octane offense???  That is the question for me....  We will soon find out!!!!  Go Devils

Well said, greene. I am tired of pissing contest after pissing contest.

Edited by osunut2

51 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Can not dispute what I don't know but I'd probably have to put the Maryville staff into the mix of the best staff in the state.I think Greeneville has the best staff in NET without a question.I seen first hand a very talented DB team going up and down the field in the first half and didn't score in the 2nd against Greeneville.

DB and the Hill (both 6A schools, both with 1400+ more students than GHS).....  but both also choked early in the playoffs.      These were no doubt good wins for the Devils but do you think that DB and SH were both a little overrated?

6 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Well said, greene. I am tired of pissing contest after pissing contest.

Yes- I 1000% agree...51 pages of "AC will win" "Gville will win" "Ballard is better" "Martin is better" has gotten old.  And if you read all 51 pages, there is almost no informed opinions or discussions that offer support for each person's statement.  Just unsupported blanket predictions.  

And that is why i posed the question this morning on this thread- "What do we think the game plans will be for each team?" And surprise surprise, CRICKETS!! After 51 pages of posts that really didn't say much at all, not a single response offering any type of informed football opinion.  I know a lot of people that read these threads have football knowledge.  But oftentimes the people that post the most and talk all the noise don't really have much football knowledge.  

And maybe people are just saying this stuff to get a rise out of the other fan base.  But how about supporting the bold statements you make with some logical support?  Just my opinion, but i think it would make these threads more entertaining for everyone.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

Yes- I 1000% agree...51 pages of "AC will win" "Gville will win" "Ballard is better" "Martin is better" has gotten old.  And if you read all 51 pages, there is almost no informed opinions or discussions that offer support for each person's statement.  Just unsupported blanket predictions.  

And that is why i posed the question this morning on this thread- "What do we think the game plans will be for each team?" And surprise surprise, CRICKETS!! After 51 pages of posts that really didn't say much at all, not a single response offering any type of informed football opinion.  I know a lot of people that read these threads have football knowledge.  But oftentimes the people that post the most and talk all the noise don't really have much football knowledge.  

And maybe people are just saying this stuff to get a rise out of the other fan base.  But how about supporting the bold statements you make with some logical support?  Just my opinion, but i think it would make these threads more entertaining for everyone.

It was fun, for awhile, but I've got a massive stomach ache from eating so much popcorn.

I wish I could weigh-in on the nuances of AC and Greeneville, but I just haven't seen enough game film on either team to provide enough "expert" analysis. I've primarily watched 5A and 6A football this season.

16 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

I personally believe Greeneville comes out runs the ball and then open up the pass. We haven’t showed anything all year so this game we may see different looks. Goddard more in the backfield and possibly used as a tightend which will help us against the Ac blitz. 

If ac wants to beat us they must throw the short passes as we usually give a cushion to the wrs. No bump and run Friday night. 

I believe Ac will struggle covering our wrs with the exception of Wilson for Ac. Greeneville is very balanced on offense unlike the past. But make no mistake because coach Ballard wants to always run the ball. 

We may also see more of our beef package throughout the game but if I win the toss I want the ball first personally.

Edited by DevilMan03

40 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

DB and the Hill (both 6A schools, both with 1400+ more students than GHS).....  but both also choked early in the playoffs.      These were no doubt good wins for the Devils but do you think that DB and SH were both a little overrated?

I don't think any Devil fan thought DB wasn't very talented.One thing that got them happened over the last few years.5 of their best 7 lineman from this class was gone and that alone was a lot of depth in the 2nd half of games .One of those kids was bigger as a 9th grader then any lineman they had and they were huge this year.That kid just got a full ride to Kentucky I believe.No,I'd have to say DB wasn't overrated because they were leading Alcoa right up until the end and last week had a 20-7 half time lead on BC.Greeneville is blessed with great coaches and I guarantee you with coach Ballard and staff at DB over the last few years,they would be playing Maryville with a solid chance to win.Thats also why Greeneville is the only team ever in NET to play in 3 state finals and one of two to win back to back.The only other was TH in 71-72,nearly a half century ago.