COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS WAVERLY 2A QUARTERFINALS

BulldawgsRise

15 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

I actually like reading Vandys post and he's usually right on the money with his predictions, I think Waverly is the team to beat in 2a but don't think they're unbeatable. I quit betting against CA a long time ago and I sure ain't going to bet against Peabody or UC. Whoever represents the west this year should defiantly be battle tested as the next two weeks will separate the men from the boys, all the weak teams are trying to figure out which game they want to watch from the bleachers this Friday night, like me. Good luck to both, this game may pull me away from the Huntingdon vs Cville game

Thanks man. I might talk a big game but if Waverly was to meet another offense with the same fire power we would be in trouble big trouble. The Huntingdon and Fairview game showed that. 

16 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Comments like that are why I respect you more than any other person on this website. You know good football. Despite the dislike between our two schools, I have the upmost respect for WC and you. 

I've talked trash with every team WC has faced but in the end it's just about everybody supporting their team and these boys that are out there playing through the bumps and bruises to give us has beens something to do. The only ones I have no respect for is the ones that get on here calling kids out and turning on them and the coaches when things don't go their way. I'd love for my Cats to be playing this week but it wasn't their year and the best teams are moving on but I love these boys just as much as the ones that brought home the gold in 2011. Each of my boys have played in the semi finals and one has a gold ring and it's been one heck of a ride that I wouldn't trade for anything. After next year it will be a long time before I have another one playing high school ball, a grandson who I started coaching as a four year old this year so look out, in about nine years it's going to be on again!

7 hours ago, PHS2000 said:

We got beat last minute!Also our QB was out,a rb was out and a couple starting lineman!!!! If you don't think our QB is a game changer ask the Ville!! They had amazing things to say about this sophomore!!!!

I will attest to this. Peabody’s QB is what makes that offense go. Without him, they have no offense. He can do it all. Peabody’s #1 RB comes out of the game after the 1st series with an injury & Peabody relied on their QB to win them that game. He rushed for over 250 yards on 35 carries. That’s the kind of player they have in their QB. He can really throw it well too. With the game on the line he threw a 27 yard TD strike to prevail them over Adamsville with 2 seconds left. The kid is only a sophomore too. Teams are gonna have a real tough time handling him for the next 2 years. I’m banking on a Waverly & Peabody semifinal match up. 

8 hours ago, Safesquezze said:

I sure hope CA is better than Lewis, if Waverly coach hadn’t called off the dogs they probably would’ve hung 60 on them. I look for another dominant Waverly victory over another slow team. 

Could of been worded a little better but I back SS 100% CA has been a team with a slow start to the first half of their games. Waverly has the offense that you can't let that happen. The Tigers starters rarely see much time in the 2nd half besides maybe 4 games all season. Columbia may be a good team but they will have to put up some points in the early game to make it a competition. But even then I believe Waverly will overrun them. Ready to head to Columbia! Come on Friday!

15 hours ago, Big Bigby said:

I could've swore my memory had me thinking you stated years ago that you were the strong safety that got stood up and run plum over by Marco Dailey at the 8-10 yard line @ CA one game night back in '07 or '08...?

If you did and are, then you and 89 sure didn't graduate about the same time, he's got boys that's done played and graduated; I think this is his youngest playing for WC now.

If I'm wrong, my bad, sorry. We might've just been talking about that play and you too seeing the young CA man get hit and run over by a Mac truck....lmao!

Nope, wasn't me - I played OL/DL.   Although, like most people that got in his way, I prob got run over by him at some point ha

If CA gets off to slow starts they r going to be in for a long night . They better be ready to play as soon as the opening kick off starts . cuz Waverly will jump out really fast. If CA is as good as what y'all say they r they will make it a game. But I say Waverly wins by 21 plus points. Friday can't get here fast enough Go Tigers