COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS WAVERLY 2A QUARTERFINALS

BulldawgsRise

33 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

We have a great defense as well. And they are going to come to play. They always do when it is necessary. I’m not saying we will hold y’all to a low scoring game. That would be stupid. Y’all have one of the best offensive teams in state in a while. But I think it will be close probably. 

I'm thinking this is going to be a great game as well. Jus like to stir the pot also

I still think Waverly by at least 2+ scores. CA is having a great season, and I admittedly know nothing about them other than the scores against their region, but Waverly is too much better than LC, Forrest, Eagleville, and the rest of their competition. Taking nothing from CA...Waverly is on a special run of talent right now, and until it drops off even the "very good" teams will get beaten up.

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

they couldnt even beat Trez without CR last year 

Kinda what I was thinking. They may get suprised with whom ever comes out of region 7. I get the feeling waverly is looking to far ahead.  I will say this Peabody defense is playing top notch right now and the offense can score. Waverlys defense has been said to be suspect. Union city just doesn’t allow other teams offenses on the field so that’s not a good match for waverly either.   They have to beat ca first but I know nothing of them 

11 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Kinda what I was thinking. They may get suprised with whom ever comes out of region 7. I get the feeling waverly is looking to far ahead.  I will say this Peabody defense is playing top notch right now and the offense can score. Waverlys defense has been said to be suspect. Union city just doesn’t allow other teams offenses on the field so that’s not a good match for waverly either.   They have to beat ca first but I know nothing of them 

Waverly isnt overlooking anyone. And we know the 2 teams from the west r good teams. Waverly will be ready fie this Friday and id we win we on to the semis if not then we r done. We r not unbeatable . bit also people uabe been saying since the playoffs that r size was going to hurt us but it hasn't we have handles both rounds teams easily

9 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Lets talk about who r5-r6 will get out of that nasty r7 Friday night after the games. Last yr was last yr and the state championship was played in Memphis everybody know that except you haters but it's all good fellas. "If" Waverly was to face UC it would be a bad night for UC! If .CA was to face them I think it would be a close game being both teams are run base teams. I know I know .CA can throw the ball around but it would still be a close game. Now if .CA was to face Peabody I think Peabody would be 3 scores better. Now if Peabody was to face Waverly I think Waverly would be 14 points better. No disrespect to any of those teams they are very very good and deserve the credit but that's my honest opinion! Peabody, CA , UC, and Waverly this yr would not have beat that trez team with or without CR!!!!!

15 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Lets talk about who r5-r6 will get out of that nasty r7 Friday night after the games. Last yr was last yr and the state championship was played in Memphis everybody know that except you haters but it's all good fellas. "If" Waverly was to face UC it would be a bad night for UC! If .CA was to face them I think it would be a close game being both teams are run base teams. I know I know .CA can throw the ball around but it would still be a close game. Now if .CA was to face Peabody I think Peabody would be 3 scores better. Now if Peabody was to face Waverly I think Waverly would be 14 points better. No disrespect to any of those teams they are very very good and deserve the credit but that's my honest opinion! Peabody, CA , UC, and Waverly this yr would not have beat that trez team with or without CR!!!!!

There hasn’t been a team to score more than 21 points all year on Peabody and like 4 shut outs and you think the you would beat Peabody by 14 ?   If your defense gets to play against union city and allow them to score 2 or 3 times your offense might get to step on the field twice lol.  I think waverly If they win is in trouble with whomever comes out of r7.   Sorry I won’t interrupt the Columbia academy discussion again    good luck waverly.

2 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Bass-  Waverly beat Forrest by 27 in their own cowfield , they aint beating CA by 28 after a 2 hour bus ride. CA might be just the physical matchup Waverly hasnt had this playoff run. We tried but we are a year away.  

Just gonna throw this out there. Lewis Co. Coach Friday night said, " if you ( waverly) play like this against .CA. there will be running clock in second quarter. I knew Waverly was good but film does not do them justice."