COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS WAVERLY 2A QUARTERFINALS

BulldawgsRise

9 hours ago, allgoodlf said:

That is what Nashville Christian said, and Brentwood, and Goodpasture and..........

CA isnt in Nashville, even if they chose to try and recruit, do you think they could get the talent that the above you have said?  When I was at CA, we had a couple of good years; and people said we recruited, except the vast majority (if not all) had been at CA since either elementary school or middle school.  A lot of the players there now, I went to school with their siblings.  

3 hours ago, Monkey Wrench said:

CA isnt in Nashville, even if they chose to try and recruit, do you think they could get the talent that the above you have said?  When I was at CA, we had a couple of good years; and people said we recruited, except the vast majority (if not all) had been at CA since either elementary school or middle school.  A lot of the players there now, I went to school with their siblings.  

I ain't never been a CA fan but I have always respected them for doing things right and the history of the school. I will disagree with you on the part about couldn't recruit if they want to, there's lots of players that would love to go to school and play there if they could afford it. It would be real easy to tell a parent hey if you'll let your kid play ball for us we won't charge you tuition. And I also think that CA should move to a private region, it would benefit them and y'all wouldn't have to listen to it every year. Also I don't think there should ever be a private school in 1A, how in the world Franklin Grace ended up as the only school that didn't have to move up is beyond me, they've got to be bigger than Zion Christian

8 hours ago, @38320 said:

Hat's off to Columbia Academy for defeating Waverly. Thanks also to youngod for posting the good pics of the game on CoachT. Congrats to Waverly on another outstanding year. Now that all my teams are out of the playoffs, it is on to basketball season. 

I took 902 pictures.  Only posted 55.....There are some really good pictures in mix.

Taking photos for the team this year really provides a different perspective from being up in the stands.  At times, I am as close as the refs, for instance in the end zone.  I knew things were starting to swing our way last Friday night when I was in the end zone shooting one of CA's drives.  Waverly's nose #77 was taking a pounding (giving too!) but I noticed how slow he was getting up off the ground.  He was absolutely worn out.  I noticed several others weren't talking a whole lot and moving slow.  

To their credit, I didn't hear Waverly's players fussing at each other like I have heard from other teams.  Not encouragement but fussing.  When I hear that I know things are going our way and frustration is setting in.  

Glad to read that Waverly's QB is ok.  He'll be back.  I look for him to do big things next year too.