COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS WAVERLY 2A QUARTERFINALS

BulldawgsRise

3 minutes ago, youngod said:

How many people do you know that want to come to little ole' Columbia?  

NC, Brentwood and Goodpasture draw from Davidson (over a million people and surrounding counties)  I dare say CA pulls from Maury Co and an occasional from Lewis or Marshall maybe.  

CA has to compete with Columbia Central for players, a great school and a whole lot cheaper to attend, they only about a mile apart

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

CA dont do anything special but line up and say stop me if you can it will be a good game between the two 

That's it! Like I said before our game this week, I won't predict a win but I will predict our coaches and players will line up against anyone and give them a hard fought game. 

I haven't commented on this thread all week bc I didn't want to jinx waverly. My only two predictions this playoffs season were wrong. I remember when that middle Tennessee article came out about ca playing title game was so absurd. They r the real deal n will beat uc. Sorry for the jinx but definitely on ur wagon 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

The Privates should be playing with privates.  I don't anything about a multiplier.  They recruit and it is not fair.  Even open enrollment schools should being playing in their own league.

That’s where they’ll say something that Peabody has open enrollment.  But honestly, how many folk does that to make an advantage for? Please someone point out an advantage!! Off the top of my head the only thing that stands out is someone who lived and played sports for Trenton yet had to move for one reason or another. Trenton’s rental market isn’t booming to say the least . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

Seems to me you guys are blue collar.  I respect that

You would be surprised at how many moms and dads struggle to put their kids at CA.  It's not to be in a preppy school, but they want them in a school where it is ok to say the pledge, stand for the National Anthem, pray before a football game, and where it is ok to acknowledge there is a God.  CA is a close knit family atmosphere.  If my kid gets hurt, I know there are 10 other moms and dads that may be there to help before I could get there.  I had always told my wife I would work two jobs if I had to just to put my kids there. 

Edited by youngod
left word out
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, youngod said:

You would be surprised at how many moms and dads struggle to put their kids at CA.  It's not to be in a preppy school, but they want them in a school where it is ok to say the pledge, stand for the National Anthem, pray before a football game, and where it is ok to acknowledge there is a God.  CA is a close knit family atmosphere.  If my kid gets hurt, I know there are 10 other moms and dads that may be there to help before I could get there.  I had always told my wife I would work two jobs if I had to just to put my kids there. 

Not a big private school fan but I'll buy that. Good post 

1 hour ago, youngod said:

Duh!  

What type of side item with that crow sir??

I will admit it was hard to sit here all week and look at the smack and trash that was being handed down to CA.  I know a lot of it was in jest, however, I really do believe you all thought it would be a run away for Waverly.  Those of us around the CA program new different.  I wasn't going to predict a score or a winner because I knew it would be a tough game.  I of course was pulling for CA.  There is something special about this team.  I said that early on a forum.  There is such a desire to win.  

Congrats to Waverly.  You 've had an outstanding year.  Don't hang your heads.  I stated earlier someone was going to leave disappointed.  I think it came down to who wanted it more.  I sincerely hope your QB is ok.  I am sure we will see a lot of him next year. Good luck in the Mr. Football finalist.  Personally, I think he has it.  

How about a baked potato... LMBO.. I'm a South Pittsburg fan. I missed this one. It surprises me big time. 

Edited by TheAmbassador