Catholic vs Oak Ridge: A Rivalry is Born

WilleTheWildcat

7 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I leave in Hixson and was listening on a prepradio.com where you click a link that takes you to another website where you download an app for Liberty 97.2 radio station. You download the app to a smart phone and listen to it on your cell phone. I hope that makes sense because I really don't understand it myself.

Thanks Willie I'm gonna check that out.

9 hours ago, pepvol said:

Private bashing ?? I saw a lot of Public bashing going on ... A Catholic fan pointing at someone else about recruiting is Hilarious . 

If you read my post I said for the posters on the T to turn in Catholic if they KNOW they’re cheating, tired of the “I heard this and I know someone that knows someone”. I never mentioned other schools recruiting on this thread.  Madhatter or someone said everytime someone tries to talk football it becomes an attack or a finger pointing this that and the other type board. Nevermind I’m wasting my time and energy. I have friends that coach at both schools so good luck on Friday night to both teams. Going to be a long week of non football talk. Good luck to your Rebels as well.

Edited by QSouth89

17 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

Honest answer...We would have been placed in the large private school division with the nearest game being in Chattanooga and the bulk of our games in Nashville. We would have been one of the smallest large schools. We could compete but not necessarily win it in football if we truly started to recruit BUT every other sport would be at a serious disadvantage of having to travel through the week for district games. Not as big a deal for football since all the games are onFriday night. Think about the other athletes playing in Nashville on a school night on CST. It would be 2:00 a.m. Before they got home. Tough on the kids to maintain the academic standards. Also imagine the travel costs that would be involved for all the non-revenue sports... not financially feasible. 

Is is it a level playing field for the schools that don't allow out of zone athletes? Taking OR out of the mix (since you all say no out of OR city players are on the team) do Maryville, Alcoa, Fulton,AC have advantages over other schools that don't allow it?

None of this is anyone else’s problem. Catholic should be playing private, like the other privates. Travel time, etc. should factor into the decision on whether to send your kids there or not. And if it’s solely for a better education and not sports, that won’t be an issue.I can imagine that one gets a decent education at OR and other public schools, too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

If you read my post I said for the posters on the T to turn in Catholic if they KNOW they’re cheating, tired of the “I heard this and I know someone that knows someone”. I never mentioned other schools recruiting on this thread.  Madhatter or someone said everytime someone tries to talk football it becomes an attack or a finger pointing this that and the other type board. Nevermind I’m wasting my time and energy. I have friends that coach at both schools so good luck on Friday night to both teams. Going to be a long week of non football talk. Good luck to your Rebels as well.

Didn't say it was you , your fellow Catholic Poster IrishBball decided that the best Defense is a great Offense and started pointing fingers at several public schools . I see why others would point fingers at Catholic with that attitude . 

12 minutes ago, atrisk said:

so you're saying this is not the only thread where the topic of the division that Catholic plays in is the primary source of conversation? 

No this subject has been talked about for years. So I will leave you crybabies to wallow in self pity and make more excuses for your lame program.  Now that all the plants are dying your community is dead. We will come to Blankenship and put a thumping on your Wildcats.  First it was Maryville couldn't play with the big boys and now we are cheating.  Excuses from pitiful "top notch" has been. Peace busters!!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Didn't say it was you , your fellow Catholic Poster IrishBball decided that the best Defense is a great Offense and started pointing fingers at several public schools . I see why others would point fingers at Catholic with that attitude . 

Fair enough, that’s my mistake, I didn’t take the time to read all of the post on here. 

Edited by QSouth89

15 minutes ago, whytheattitude said:

No this subject has been talked about for years. So I will leave you crybabies to wallow in self pity and make more excuses for your lame program.  Now that all the plants are dying your community is dead. We will come to Blankenship and put a thumping on your Wildcats.  First it was Maryville couldn't play with the big boys and now we are cheating.  Excuses from pitiful "top notch" has been. Peace busters!!!!!!!

You need to start a thread and just talk to yourself because your arrogance makes me sick

I ask a light question and get called a cyber baby, my community is dying, pitiful has been program. Thanks for the answer: it's been going on for years.  Heck, we've never played ya before.  However we will show up for our thumping. Oh! Let's not forget lame program.  I don't expect you to, but it would be appropriate  for a Catholic supporter to apologize for you else we think you're whole fan base is on board with you.