Catholic vs Oak Ridge: A Rivalry is Born

WilleTheWildcat

1 hour ago, ChardeeMacdennis said:

This is from page 6 try to keep up before calling me out...thanks sweet for actually answering this question btw. The last two post season games have been on the nfhs network not sure if that guarantees anything though.

You're welcome, CM. And I hope they show this one, if not I'm gonna be dying in Georgia.

On 11/11/2017 at 8:51 AM, atrisk said:

I was watching a scoreboard show last night and one of the host mentioned that only 2 or 3 of the Offence players from Catholic were from Knox Co. Can a Catholic fan or poster verify or disclaim this statement?

That would be wrong. All but 2 live in Knox. County. That's the Mays brothers. They live in Kingston. But I think they've always attended school in Knoxville. Everyone else lives in Knoxville. The kid from Indiana is from here. He moved up there a while back and moved back this yr. Ray Thompson moved here from Kentucky. But all live in Knoxville.

9 hours ago, Eaglesfan00 said:

That would be wrong. All but 2 live in Knox. County. That's the Mays brothers. They live in Kingston. But I think they've always attended school in Knoxville. Everyone else lives in Knoxville. The kid from Indiana is from here. He moved up there a while back and moved back this yr. Ray Thompson moved here from Kentucky. But all live in Knoxville.

It doesn't matter if almost all of their players are from Knoxville! How many Knoxville public schools have kids from all over Knoxville? The kids who play for Farragut I must assume live in the Farragut area. The kids who play for Carter I must assume live in the Strawberry Plains area, etc, etc, etc....... Am I wrong? The kids who play for OR live in OR!  And by the way....Catholic's BEST player didn't live in Tennessee last year and their second best player lives in Roane County.

3 hours ago, catswild said:

It doesn't matter if almost all of their players are from Knoxville! How many Knoxville public schools have kids from all over Knoxville? The kids who play for Farragut I must assume live in the Farragut area. The kids who play for Carter I must assume live in the Strawberry Plains area, etc, etc, etc....... Am I wrong? The kids who play for OR live in OR!  And by the way....Catholic's BEST player didn't live in Tennessee last year and their second best player lives in Roane County.

I think you may a little naïve thinking that every player in Knox, Blount or Anderson County are attending the schools they are zoned for. Not saying anybody is doing anything illegal but it is very easy to circumvent school zones in Knox County. It's very easy to transfer or start at a school out of your home zone.  

It's funny that all of the OR fans are complaining about Catholic not being fair.  When if you asked Joe Gaddis, then he would say he wants to play the best, public or private.  Shut up and just root for your team.  Some OR fans complained about the difficulty of the first four games, now your whining about the unfairness of having to play Catholic.  To be honest, your embarrassing yourselves.  And it should be really embarrassing that you don't know who number 68 is for Catholic!!!