Oak Ridge Wildcats 2017 - 2018

WilleTheWildcat

46 minutes ago, chill said:

Oak Ridge lost a ton of players from last season. Outside of Levert they have played and won with last years JV. Coach Geeen earned coach of the year this season. Bearden is big, talented, and entitled. It would not surprise me to see the Cats come out on top in this one. Bearden should win, but that’s why games are played. 

It took me a awhile to warm up to these guys. I simply didn't know who Seth, Joe, Thomas and a few others were. But now I am fully invested in them and want them to go to Stare. It will be very difficult but we are talented and have a great coach so anything is possible. RWR! Cats rule, Dogs drool.

2 hours ago, Norman Dale said:

Oak Ridge has played a very difficult schedule this year against teams like Blackman and Brentwood Academy just to name a couple. They won’t be intimidated at all by Bearden. Bearden may be the favorite but never count out Oak Ridge against anybody. I expect a very close, hotly contested game.

Bearden and Oak Ridge have each played 7 total games against 5 common opponents. Bearden went 7-0 while the Wildcats finished 6-1 (losing to Cleveland). Like a couple of Oak Ridge teams in recent years, Bearden has not lost to a team from the state of Tennessee to this point. One interesting common opponent was AA power Knox Fulton...Bearden beat them by 7; Oak Ridge bested the Falcons by 11. The Wildcats have played 6 of the other 31 teams remaining in the AAA tournament. Bearden has played 3 of the teams left.

Chill, you're right, outside of Levert and Caldwell every one of our guys will be back next year. Like you said, it's basically our JV from last year. AR, that's one thing about Green, he never has been one to play a soft schedule. He believes in challenging our kids during the regular season. Of course he would like to win those games, but his main reason for doing it is to prepare our guys for the postseason and it does. Like ND said, Bearden should win, but wouldn't shock me if we didn't pull off the upset. Never count out an AG coached team.

Edited by SweetScience

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

ND, by "entitled" , do you mean a tad bit cocky? :)

That was Chill’s comment, so I’m not sure exactly what he meant. I will say that Bearden is very talented but they have had several games where they have allowed inferior teams to hang around for way too long because of lackluster effort, IMO. 

5 hours ago, atrisk said:

I've need watching OR sports for awhile now and don't remember many (if any)  teams being lackluster against us. May happen tomorrow, but I'm not counting on it.

Go 'Cats

Yeah, that won't be an issue tomorrow night. When other teams play the like of OR, Maryville, and Bearden etc they usually don't have any issues getting motivated. That's the price you pay when you have a good program. You always have a bulls-eye on your back. 

18 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I think the games in the Region 2-AAA Tournament tomorrow will be on WLVT Rivalry Thursday. A link to the web site is on CoachT.com under Extras then Links.

6pm  Maryville  vs Powell

7:45pm  Oak Ridge vs Bearden......RWR!

diamondclearmedia.com is also showing the game this evening. RWR!