Oak Ridge Wildcats 2017 - 2018

WilleTheWildcat

For those of us who are also Wildcat football fans (everybody), we get a chance to begin to wash the sour taste out of our mouths put there last Fall.

Oak Ridge will host the Green Goblins from Catholic this Saturday. The Irish defeated William Blount tonight 77 - 64 to finish 3rd in the District 4-AAA Tournament. I should have the championship game score between Maryville and Bearden soon.

According to David Clary, Catholic can light it up from the three point line so we have to defend the perimeter but also be tough inside.

Hello! IrishBBALL, pretend you are a Wildcat fan and tell us how you would defeat Catholic. Be very specific and leave nothing out LOL. Good luck to Catholic but as always RWR!

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

Once beaten Bearden Bulldogs defeated a talented Maryville team tonight 67 - 58, to finish first in the District 4-AAA Tournament.

Saturday the games in the Region 2-AAA  Tournament are: 

Karns at Bearden

Catholic at Oak Ridge

William Blount at Powell

Anderson County at Maryville

Semifinals... KHS / BHS winner vs CHS  / OR winner

WB / PHS winner vs AC / MHS winner

Good luck to all the teams nicknamed Wildcats :D  RWR!

It's always fun to see how our teams stack up locally and everyone still playing has had a pretty successful season. Like last year I believe we're all playing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th place in the state. OR had a fine team last year, but those Memphis teams know how to get the gold. Best of luck to whoever goes up against them.

5 hours ago, atrisk said:

It's always fun to see how our teams stack up locally and everyone still playing has had a pretty successful season. Like last year I believe we're all playing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th place in the state. OR had a fine team last year, but those Memphis teams know how to get the gold. Best of luck to whoever goes up against them.

Well, it doesn't hurt to get the best players in the Memphis area year in and year out, as well as other cities like Nashville. We are left to play with just the kids from our little rinky dink town here in Oak Ridge year in and year out. With that said, we do a pretty good job and have for a long time on the state level. Led practically the whole game VS Memphis East last year and only lost by 2, not too bad.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:16 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

For those of us who are also Wildcat football fans (everybody), we get a chance to begin to wash the sour taste out of our mouths put there last Fall.

Oak Ridge will host the Green Goblins from Catholic this Saturday. The Irish defeated William Blount tonight 77 - 64 to finish 3rd in the District 4-AAA Tournament. I should have the championship game score between Maryville and Bearden soon.

According to David Clary, Catholic can light it up from the three point line so we have to defend the perimeter but also be tough inside.

Hello! IrishBBALL, pretend you are a Wildcat fan and tell us how you would defeat Catholic. Be very specific and leave nothing out LOL. Good luck to Catholic but as always RWR!

I would probably try to slow the game down walking it up to minimize the Irish speed and pack in a zone to keep us from dominating inside. DEFINITELY wouldn’t press since we have great ball handlers. Hoping the Irish don’t decide to dress out some of those big footballers to bang your little guys. Feel free to forward this scout directly to Coach Green....

Should be a good game that will come down to which team can play their game. Brock Jancek is the best big man I’ve seen in this area. He has the potential to dominate inside. Jack Sompayrac can fill it up from 3. The other 3 starters had very limited varsity minutes coming into this year. The Irish have faced some pretty good guards in Bearden, Maryville and Karns. If the Irish can handle the press, get the ball inside and knock down some outside shots, we can make it a game. I expect we will slow it down and try to keep OR from running. Good luck to both teams.

6 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

No you shouldn't.........

Should have hit your FTs and beat Powell.  HHAHAHAHA

Touche!!! I told Green about your gameplan BTW ;) JK! May the best team win! And you're right about the FT's. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for that loss against Powell. Hit our FT's, we aren't even having this discussion.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Touche!!! I told Green about your gameplan BTW ;) JK! May the best team win! And you're right about the FT's. We have nobody to blame but ourselves for that loss against Powell. Hit our FT's, we aren't even having this discussion.

Couldn’t  resist after all the barbs about having to play us in football from at risk. LOL Are you going to the game?