William blount offseason thread

On 5/4/2018 at 10:16 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Have you ever seen someone paint a garage floor or a concrete porch and it last? Of course not. Since we have figured that one out why not go paint a whole concrete football stadium a 100 yards long. I hope I'm wrong but two or three years from now this will look like Fido's #### and they'll have a Special Gov Club meeting to all bring their scrappers with them on the first Saturday in May.2v9pzbm.jpg

Barney,

The stadium was pressure washed, not painted.  You guys will replace your turf 2 or 3 more times before the Gov Club has to come scrape!!!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, GovMan said:

Barney,

The stadium was pressure washed, not painted.  You guys will replace your turf 2 or 3 more times before the Gov Club has to come scrape!!!

Then that is a great job, glad they didn't paint it. Those before and after pictures looks like someone raised the Titanic and got it ready to sail again. Pressure washing don't look like that, someone has had to of come in and soft washed it and turn loose with the Sodium Hypochlorite to get it that clean. Lot of colleges are doing that to their stadiums now.

6 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

To my knowledge, there isn't going to be any tailgating. I figured you would bring coupons so we could get some food. 

And since you are curious about the stadium...ever heard of oxiclean? 

Yes I have Govman, like I told you years ago why go to Wikipedia when all you have to do is ask Barney.  It is used as a surfactant to make the Sodium Hypochlorite mixture stick to what it is being sprayed on to keep it from just running off.  The Oxiclean also helps reactivate the mixture if you get some rainy weather shortly after applying  and it is biodegradable.  Most people in the power washing business are going this route in order to save time and labor cost and get down the road to the next job.

Edited by BarneySox2007

15 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Are me and 32 hammer invited to the Gov Club tailgate party or do we need to stop and eat something at Weigels on John Sevier Highway on the way to the game.

I got several kids at SD and WB that I've worked with in the past. Looking forward to seeing them play.  I'll swing by Weigels and grab you something Barney( is it ok if its something relatively healthy?)

On 5/9/2018 at 1:45 PM, 32hammer said:

I got several kids at SD and WB that I've worked with in the past. Looking forward to seeing them play.  I'll swing by Weigels and grab you something Barney( is it ok if its something relatively healthy?)

Do you know anything about South Doyle's team? What kind of team should they have this year?

2 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Do you know anything about South Doyle's team? What kind of team should they have this year?

Two great athletes . Stanford coach was there last week recruiting one of them. Getting Power 5 offers. Both have tons of speed. Rising sophomore Myers is going to be good. Not sure what they look like on LOS. Didn't see a lot of kids that looked like they lived in the weight room in the off season, but Ball and especially Young can burn you every time they touch the ball.

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Two great athletes . Stanford coach was there last week recruiting one of them. Getting Power 5 offers. Both have tons of speed. Rising sophomore Myers is going to be good. Not sure what they look like on LOS. Didn't see a lot of kids that looked like they lived in the weight room in the off season, but Ball and especially Young can burn you every time they touch the ball.

I am hearing that WB's defense looks improved, especially in the secondary. I guess we'll have a better idea about that after the scrimmage if SD's stud athletes participate.

Edited by TheGuvna

15 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

I am hearing that WB's defense looks improved, especially in the secondary. I guess we'll have a better idea about that after the scrimmage if SD's stud athletes participate.

If SD's big 2 play and WB can keep them contained, WB's secondary is definitely improved