William blount offseason thread

13 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

Barney,

TheGuvna has sat through a decade of losing seasons and last year was by far the worst season I have seen yet. And it was tough to go out there last Friday and see the Govs struggle the way they did. We still have all of the same problems we had last year. I dont see defense anywhere in sight. And I am really concerned about the fact that we dont seem to have a big playmaker on offense. 

In the last 2 years WB has had Myrick, Hannah, Blair, Yoakum, Love, McGill (1 game) Mejia and T.J. King as playmakers.  That's tough to replace for WB.

26 minutes ago, jake said:

Who is the RB for WB this year?

It was hard to tell from where I was sitting. WB had on white jerseys with orange numbers. made it a little difficult to tell. While I was there, they had more success running to the right side and that was the side opposite from where I was sitting. They had 3 good runs to that side, Scott #44 for SD was often lined up on WB's left side, so running there wasn't much fun. Noah Myers is a freshman for SD  and he will be very good.  Elijah and TB did not play. Those 2, especially Elijah are difference makers.  If SD stays healthy they should make some noise in 5A this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rumor is Shad is hiring an assistant to run the offense so he can focus on the defensive side of the ball. This should be interesting and it will tell the tale on Shad's coaching ability. If the defense comes out and doesn't show any improvement this year we will know for sure Shad cant get it done at WB.