William blount offseason thread

4 hours ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

Guvna,

I've gotta tell you, I respect your loyalty to that program. Lord knows they haven't given you much to cheer about since 07-08. In my opinion, I believe WB goes 3-7 this year w/ wins vs. LC, Heritage, and Stone Memorial. Lenoir City will be close, but I think WB can do enough to win. I'm hearing Heritage lost some baseball players who were key contributors last year, and I believe that will give you the edge in that one. Stone Memorial is hot garbage. Therefore, you will see some improvement, but not enough to get what you deserve for your loyalty. 

Thanks. I dont see us beating Lenoir City. They upset us last year and ended up being a playoff team. Furthermore, they have everyone coming back from last year's team. I read that they are expected to win 7 or 8 games this year. Look for WB to start the season 0-1. Lenoir City is at least a 2 touchdown favorite in my mind.

Edited by TheGuvna

12 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

Thanks. I dont see us beating Lenoir City. They upset us last year and ended up being a playoff team. Furthermore, they have everyone coming back from last year's team. I read that they are expected to win 7 or 8 games this year. Look for WB to start the season 0-1. Lenoir City is at least a 2 touchdown favorite in my mind.

If WB loses to The Wampler's the first game then really their only chance would be against Heritage and Stone Cold Memorial. Heritage lost one of their best or fastest players to Maryville and also lost their offensive coach as well to the Rebels. The offense is their only saving grace out there so that may be the only chance if they lose the first game. If they do lose to Heritage then maybe you need to call a moving van to someone's house.

2ds2qrp.jpg

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If WB loses to The Wampler's the first game then really their only chance would be against Heritage and Stone Cold Memorial. Heritage lost one of their best or fastest players to Maryville and also lost their offensive coach as well to the Rebels. The offense is their only saving grace out there so that may be the only chance if they lose the first game. If they do lose to Heritage then maybe you need to call a moving van to someone's house.

2ds2qrp.jpg

Barney, 

I really think the Govs will go 0-10 for the first time in school history. You may say they have a sure win in the final game, but will they be motivated to win if they are 0-9 and they go out there to Stone Memorial and the weather is cold and miserable like it often is late in the year? I have seen the Govs lose those sure win games several times. So I'm not taking anything for granted.

I see a WB team that does not have any big-time offensive players like they usually do. The passing game will be a weakness and I have serious doubts about their ability to run the ball consistently. The QB looks okay at times, but he is also an interception machine. I believe the offense will seriously struggle to generate points this year.

If you pair a struggling offense with a defense that cant stop anybody you are in for a long year.

I do not see many positives. It will be a long, looong year. I only hope this nightmare is almost over.

Edited by TheGuvna

I wish the Govs would participate in more 7 on 7s like the rest of the teams in the state. That goes for regular scrimmages as well. As far as I know, they only have one scrimmage scheduled and it is against Powell. That oughta get the team good and ready to play a 6A schedule. Smh

Edited by TheGuvna

7 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

I wish the Govs would participate in more 7 on 7s like the rest of the teams in the state. That goes for regular scrimmages as well. As far as I know, they only have one scrimmage scheduled and it is against Powell. That oughta get the team good and ready to play a 6A schedule. Smh

I think they are concerned about keeping the kids confidence up, so they are cautious about scheduling scrimmages.

If you're looking for some cause for optimism, the southern schools in the region seem to be down from last year. Elder transferred from Cleveland, and graduation hit a couple of the other schools hard.

Heritage lost a big senior class , had one of their fastest players transfer and an important projected starter decided not to play FB.

A well coached 2013 or 2016 WB team  could finish 4th in this yrs region. A well coached  2011 WB team,  could finish 2nd in this yrs region.

A couple of breaks go WBs way, with this schedule, and they could surprise some folks.

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I think they are concerned about keeping the kids confidence up, so they are cautious about scheduling scrimmages.

If you're looking for some cause for optimism, the southern schools in the region seem to be down from last year. Elder transferred from Cleveland, and graduation hit a couple of the other schools hard.

Heritage lost a big senior class , had one of their fastest players transfer and an important projected starter decided not to play FB.

A well coached 2013 or 2016 WB team  could finish 4th in this yrs region. A well coached  2011 WB team,  could finish 2nd in this yrs region.

A couple of breaks go WBs way, with this schedule, and they could surprise some folks.

This is encouraging.LOL.Not to be a smart aleck but wow this should cheer 91 up.Everyone is worse so they SHOULD be fine.

38 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

This is encouraging.LOL.Not to be a smart aleck but wow this should cheer 91 up.Everyone is worse so they SHOULD be fine.

LOL. That wasn't my intention. Just trying to help put a positive spin on things. A few more wins this year, especially in their own region, would encourage the community and the kids.