William blount offseason thread

4 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Wasn't meant to be a "Coach Bash". I'm sure Ol Shad is a good guy, Heck the police cleared him of being a bad guy at his old job. Bet most of y'all cant say you've been cleared by Law Enforcement. In reality Coach is in a great career position. As the CEO of WB Football he has a job where NOBODY has any expectations of success. For a fella with very limited talent its perfect. Go to work knowing your boss (the AD) expects nothing, your shareholders (the fans) have been conditioned to expect no dividends,  Middle Level Management (boosters and volunteers) question the Corp budget when capital improvements are denied and Coach is paid the same money as the 6A Champs coach. Time for the AD to start a search for a young tiger to lead WB Football Inc and  put Butch Jones Shad out to pasture.

Shadroach,

You are definitely right about the practices. I went out to a few over the past couple of years and there wasn't much hitting going on at any of them. It definitely shows on the field because nobody can tackle.

I also agree that people have been conditioned to think this is acceptable. Everyone at the school seems to love Shad. I've even seen the principal make excuses for him and say we dont have the athletes to compete.

Edited by TheGuvna

1 hour ago, Shadroach said:

It is time men to rally 'round the flag. We haven't time for orders from headquarters so mount up boys and ride like heck to the sound of the firing!

Scrimmages straight ahead games start shortly after. That means a real ball coach should be assembling his depth chart. Instead of asking the boosters he should have all the position coaches who work with the players assess talents and skills of their charges. The HC should then begin to assemble the chart. If he wants to impress those breathlessly watching his genius at work he could with his new magic depth chart assemble 3 D-Lines to rotate in fresh horses. Create some situational lines both O&D (goal line, short yardage, jumbo etc) Put together true special teams units instead of cobbling them together during the game and suffering delay penalties. I'll try not to overload Shad Daddy all at once after all hes had since the last game last season to accomplish this but if hes a good boy Ol Shadroach will give him assignments for our backfield O&D, Line backers and receivers in the near future.

In short... LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

Ya Coach, We DO EXPECT A WIN THIS FRIDAY!

My experience from watching CSI all these years is telling me the first thing Shad will do tomorrow is shake down his whole staff trying to find out which one of them is Shadroach.

• Like 1