William blount offseason thread

8 hours ago, Gforce said:

Roach when was the last time you sat through a whole practice. Either you don't work during the day or maybe you work the night shift. Past three days with pads on the scrimmages has had some some good pop to them. 

I think he has been to ALOT of practices.LOL!

14 hours ago, Shadroach said:

One of Shadroaches scouts was wandering around Powells practice field today and found this letter on the ground wrapped around 3 cigars. I am forwarding the content to General Shad.

To: All Field Officers involved in the Blount Campaign 

SPECIAL ORDER 191

Gentlemen, Prepare to engage in the struggle to vanquish our enemies. You have in hand you orders. Blount is neither superior in strategy nor leadership. Their troops are a fine lot but under trained and weakly led. We will open the battle with a frontal assault they are ill prepared for major contact. Once softened up we will turn loose with the artillery. On defense we will go with cover zero. No safeties back and play pure man as their passing game is ineffective past 30 yards. They lack the speed to flank us on the outside and we will welcome their attempts to break thru our line in the run game.

Let us be humble in our victory and lift the Blount Men up as our sporting equals but rejoice in the glory of our superior leadership.

Sounds like you been reading the sport pages out of old back issues of the papers from the 1930's.

13 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

See.... Powell got a good coach and they improved overnight. Hopefully, Shad will resign or be shown the door after this season. There is no excuse for WB to be this bad. None whatsoever. At what point does the WB community say enough is enough?

Powell is better, but there is still a long, long way to go. 

Good QB, a couple of decent linemen, and a couple of running backs who run hard between the tackles.  

But they don't have much speed outside or in the secondary outside of Riley Bryant, which is where they need to improve the most, IMO.

I simply see another long year for William Blount.  

Edited by HTV

41 minutes ago, HTV said:

Powell is better, but there is still a long, long way to go. 

Good QB, a couple of decent linemen, and a couple of running backs who run hard between the tackles.  

But they don't have much speed outside or in the secondary, which is where they need to improve the most, IMO.

I simply see another long year for William Blount.  

I saw WB go against Powell in 7 on 7s in 2016 and 2017. It appeared to me that the Govs definitely had better talent at the skill positions than they did both years. However, the Govs cant block, they cant tackle, and they are one of the most undisciplined teams I have ever seen. You arent going to win that way.

Edited by TheGuvna