William blount offseason thread

1 hour ago, AllRegion said:

Anyone have a score from last night? 

My grandson and I stayed for the first hour, which was pretty much ones and other significant contributors.  It was 3 TDs to none Powell at that point and WB never got a first down until the last series I saw, where they drove to about the 35 and turned it over on downs.  

A friend told me that the "final" tally was 6 TDs for Powell, 2 and a FG for WB, but I don't know how it was appropriated between starters/significant contributors and backups.  

Edited by HTV

15 minutes ago, HTV said:

My grandson and I stayed for the first hour, which was pretty much ones and other significant contributors.  It was 3 TDs to none Powell at that point and WB never got a first down until the last series I saw, where they drove to about the 35 and turned it over on downs.  

A friend told me that the "final" tally was 6 TDs for Powell, 2 and a FG for WB, but I don't know how it was appropriated between starters/significant contributors and backups.  

I knew soon as you told me you left it couldn't have been much of a contest at all or you would have stayed. Scrimmage games are what they are, a scrimmage to find out things before you get into the season.  I watched Heritage and Maryville just beat Sevier County into the ground a few years ago in a scrimmage and I walked out of both games thinking the Bears are in for a rough season and they end up playing for the 5A State Title that year.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I knew soon as you told me you left it couldn't have been much of a contest at all or you would have stayed. Scrimmage games are what they are, a scrimmage to find out things before you get into the season.  I watched Heritage and Maryville just beat Sevier County into the ground a few years ago in a scrimmage and I walked out of both games thinking the Bears are in for a rough season and they end up playing for the 5A State Title that year.

It wasn't much of a scrimmage, but to be fair we left because my grandson's attention span had pretty much run out at that point.  He was ready to go to Weigel's and get an Icee with Gramps.  

Priorities.  

Edited by HTV

4 hours ago, HTV said:

Thanks for the news, HTV. It’s not the news I was hoping for, but I was afraid that it wasn’t good based on what everyone was saying. 

16 minutes ago, AllRegion said:

Thanks for the news, HTV. It’s not the news I was hoping for, but I was afraid that it wasn’t good based on what everyone was saying. 

Might be the reason it wasn't on the GovClub until just before the game to keep people from driving over to Powell to see it. If it were a yard sale or some other cockamamie way to raise a nickel the fans would have got a three month notice.

It’s hard for me to figure the wb football program. They have replaced head coaches routinely over the years-either by choice or not. They have a good feeder system that develops kids as well as anybody. They recently ran off an asst coach who is now helping in the murvil program. 

As I said 4-5 years ago, THE KID’s class was make or break for the program. Instead of building something with that class, the whole thing was mishandled and now that class is long gone. 

Maybe it’s not the players or the parents or the coaches. Maybe there is something else that has been a fixture of all the chaos and losing seasons. Regardless, it’s a shame for all my good LA friends and family. The turn around has to start somewhere, maybe this can be the year.