William blount offseason thread

The chart above is from the Sonny Moore Power Rankings from 2007-2017. 2018 is on there, but it is a preseason projection.

2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018
Alcoa 146.48 138.79 146.19 145.8 130.31 135.73 144.51 137.6 145.41 139.02 136.17 137.59
Greenback 72.72 103.17 87.96 82.81 96.68 104.86 93.56 96.44 109.44 117.59 117.56 117.57
Heritage 109.22 99.68 110.29 103.19 102.64 92.2 101.85 112.24 105.5 111.79 104.65 108.22
Maryville 145.89 142.39 143.39 150.21 158.2 152.92 158.68 156.24 151.79 148.85 155.49 152.17
William Blount 134.36 110.77 111.72 113.65 120.97 112.8 108.77 100.29 103.42 110.82 103.12 106.97

http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/archive.htm

Edited by Red Rebels

23 hours ago, strongx said:

It’s hard for me to figure the wb football program. They have replaced head coaches routinely over the years-either by choice or not. They have a good feeder system that develops kids as well as anybody. They recently ran off an asst coach who is now helping in the murvil program. 

As I said 4-5 years ago, THE KID’s class was make or break for the program. Instead of building something with that class, the whole thing was mishandled and now that class is long gone. 

Maybe it’s not the players or the parents or the coaches. Maybe there is something else that has been a fixture of all the chaos and losing seasons. Regardless, it’s a shame for all my good LA friends and family. The turn around has to start somewhere, maybe this can be the year.

The 2011 and 2013 teams should have won  minimum of 7 games. Earl Mac, Meadows or Phelps might have won 8 or 9 if you include 1st round of playoffs.

2016 should have won at least 5.

Several parents from those teams will tell you they regret their kids HS football experience was there.

I think now its come to a point that people familiar with the program in the past are very reluctant to send their kid to WB to play FB.  I can only think of 1 person that played FB at WB from 1983-1986 that sent their kid to WB to play FB. 1 starting RB from that era sent his kid to 3 separate high schools to avoid him going there.

21 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

People don't understand. A championship level program doesn't require just talent and a decent HC, it literally takes a entire school working together. AD, Administrationl, Boosters, Coaching staff, players all working together. If you want to win, they all have to be on the same page

When adults do things the wrong way, running from competition, ignoring problems, etc, hard to get kids and community to buy in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

The 2011 and 2013 teams should have won  minimum of 7 games. Earl Mac, Meadows or Phelps might have won 8 or 9 if you include 1st round of playoffs.

Several parents from those teams will tell you they regret their kids HS football experience was there.

I think now its come to a point that people familiar with the program in the past are very reluctant to send their kid to WB to play FB.  I can only think of 1 person that played FB at WB from 1983-1986 that sent their kid to WB to play FB. 1 starting RB from that era sent his kid to 3 separate high schools to avoid him going there.

When adults do things the wrong way, running from competition, ignoring problems, etc, hard to get kids and community to buy in.

I agree, 100%

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I think now its come to a point that people familiar with the program in the past are very reluctant to send their kid to WB to play FB.  

This is true and that regret will remain forever, and the kids I know have the same regret as the parents have. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

On another related subject.....

Will we have to suffer another season of the two clowns that announce the WB football games blathering about their fishing trips, Which fuel 87 or 89 octane they put in their Hyundai, more stats and facts about the other team than The Govs, giving away Froyo gift certificates, what caliber the fake rifles the ROTC kids are spinning, continuous dead air time, talking about the season they coached a team that didnt win a game, how long the trip is to the game, complaining the free hotdogs they got had stale buns. 

I'd suggest they grab a program at the gate so they could actually know the NAMES of the WB players instead of "Daaaang! Did you see 21 lay that lead block?" No ya nitwit I didnt see it, I'm listening on the radio!!! Maybe get REALLY crazy and interview the players after practice and have some interesting facts handy like Have you got any letters from colleges? Hows that shoulder after that off season surgery? Whats your bench max and 40 time? Now that you moved from DE to LB what was the most difficult part of the transition? Just some interesting facts to regale the faithful that might be at work or shut ins. Maybe imitate Red Barber. Paint the picture of the stadium, the field condition, the buzz of the crowd, an observation of what you saw during the warm ups, know a little history of the evenings officials, team standings, how the weather may effect tonights game. In short do some prep work and keep it interesting. Last year listening was like swallowing a whole bottle of Lunesta and washing it down with a jar of Vonore moonshine.

You are gonna unleash the wrath of WillieBGov with this one! Lol

Edited by rebelwoman87

7 hours ago, jake said:

This is true and that regret will remain forever, and the kids I know have the same regret as the parents have. 

Jake I was told the very same thing down at The Dollar General on William Blount Drive last Saturday morning.  I was standing there with the freezer door open when TranPaw came up and told me him and TranMaw had went through the same problem  with their grandson. He said it was if the boy was to embarrassed from not getting to play when they went out on the field to take pictures after the ballgame that he held his held down like he wanted to crawl out of the place.

apgoc4.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

3 hours ago, Shadroach said:

On another related subject.....

Will we have to suffer another season of the two clowns that announce the WB football games blathering about their fishing trips, Which fuel 87 or 89 octane they put in their Hyundai, more stats and facts about the other team than The Govs, giving away Froyo gift certificates, what caliber the fake rifles the ROTC kids are spinning, continuous dead air time, talking about the season they coached a team that didnt win a game, how long the trip is to the game, complaining the free hotdogs they got had stale buns. 

I'd suggest they grab a program at the gate so they could actually know the NAMES of the WB players instead of "Daaaang! Did you see 21 lay that lead block?" No ya nitwit I didnt see it, I'm listening on the radio!!! Maybe get REALLY crazy and interview the players after practice and have some interesting facts handy like Have you got any letters from colleges? Hows that shoulder after that off season surgery? Whats your bench max and 40 time? Now that you moved from DE to LB what was the most difficult part of the transition? Just some interesting facts to regale the faithful that might be at work or shut ins. Maybe imitate Red Barber. Paint the picture of the stadium, the field condition, the buzz of the crowd, an observation of what you saw during the warm ups, know a little history of the evenings officials, team standings, how the weather may effect tonights game. In short do some prep work and keep it interesting. Last year listening was like swallowing a whole bottle of Lunesta and washing it down with a jar of Vonore moonshine.

You forgot the part about blaming the refs..

There will be some changes coming this season, I hope we can make you proud 

rw87, another new nic(coward hiding behind a keyboard) bashing a program that’s already down.. what’s new around here..

I actually enjoy the broadcast William Blount has to offer for their fans that may not attend a game for some reason. I've seen the cameraman get faked out a few times but all in all they do a pretty good job. It takes a good acting job to be on live TV when things are not going well on the field.  If people really want to hear something bad get their radio out and turn on an Alcoa game and listen to to how many times you hear it's another CBBC first down. That would make me mad enough to withdrawal all my money the following Monday and tell them why. You can bet your life the fans of Alcoa were glad to get Diamond Clear and not ever have to listen to that again.