William blount offseason thread

22 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

Also,

I was told it's my fault that WB is in bad shape because I talk bad about the program on coacht. 

91 when you are ready to plant your flag at 825 Lawrence just let me know. We will be glad to have you. And I have plenty of Red and Black attire that I can’t wear anymore. 

Edited by rebelwoman87

Be careful 91. The grass ain’t always greener... it’s not advertised, but there have been at least a few who have been banned from 825 Lawrence for too much criticism.  Then again, maybe that was from the last regime. 

Thinking back, I think two of those were county families who should’ve been going to LA anyway. 

Edited by strongx

28 minutes ago, strongx said:

Be careful 91. The grass ain’t always greener... it’s not advertised, but there have been at least a few who have been banned from 825 Lawrence for too much criticism.  Then again, maybe that was from the last regime. 

Thinking back, I think two of those were county families who should’ve been going to LA anyway. 

We don’t have grass Mr X...

Sounds like someone down there thinks Guvna is rocking the boat after what he witnessed over at South-Doyle a few weeks ago in that scrimmage. Maybe it's the same people I bother with The Word of the Day which Today is Charcoal. 

When Shad goes to the beach he won't get into the water because he is afraid a Charcoal get him.

2d8hxmb.jpg

Barney,

I know one thing. Shad has been able to convince people that WB is losing because of a lack of talent.

TheGuvna knows better... I personally saw the last two coaches win more games against better competition with less talent than Shad's teams. Those coaches were competitive against 6A opponents and didnt have to schedule small schools to avoid winless seasons. 

The problem is the parents havent seen as much WB football as I have. I went to virtually every game for a decade, and they only go to games while their kids are in school, so they get mad at me because they think I am being a jerk when I am just being honest.

I just call it like I see it. WB football is trending in the wrong direction. I say this as someone who has seen every WB team in the last decade. They are getting worse, not better.

Edited by TheGuvna

3 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Barney,

I know one thing. Shad has been able to convince people that WB is losing because of a lack of talent.

TheGuvna knows better... I personally saw the last two coaches win more games against better competition with less talent than Shad's teams. Those coaches were competitive against 6A opponents and didnt have to schedule small schools to avoid winless seasons. 

The problem is the parents havent seen as much WB football as I have. I went to virtually every game for a decade, and they only go to games while their kids are in school, so they get mad at me because they think I am being a jerk when I am just being honest.

I just call it like I see it. WB football is trending in the wrong direction. I say this as someone who has seen every WB team in the last decade. They are getting worse, not better.

Don’t give too much credit. Most people believe what they want to believe. This soph class will be the last decent class for a while. There have been a few other good classes over the past few years (THE KIDS class comes to mind), but “something” keeps them from reaching their potential. 

Maybe the finger pointing will turn around and some productive steps will be taken. LA needs a gooder year to block the exodus down 411.

14 hours ago, strongx said:

Translation for outsiders: LA - Lower Alnwick. William Blount High School is located in the Alnwick Community of Blount County. It was a station on the L&N Railroad main line and opened in 1890. Shortly after the Civil War, the Blount County Poor Farm went into operation near Alnwick and operated until July 1955. The poor farm was located on what is now the campus of William Blount High School. It served as a home for indigents.

58b997a085987.image.jpg?resize=1200,1200

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Translation for outsiders: LA - Lower Alnwick. William Blount High School is located in the Alnwick Community of Blount County. It was a station on the L&N Railroad main line and opened in 1890. Shortly after the Civil War, the Blount County Poor Farm went into operation near Alnwick and operated until July 1955. The poor farm was located on what is now the campus of William Blount High School. It served as a home for indigents.

58b997a085987.image.jpg?resize=1200,1200

That's some great information Red Rebels. I'm just curious, did they cut this house in half and stick the back part upon the back of the stadium for their two story pressbox.

2zi6amr.jpg