Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

Enough turkey for one day, now time to turn the attention back on tomorrow night. Yep, this one will be a dandy. Gonna take a complete team effort with minimal mistakes and a little help from the Refs (I mean Kees) for my Pirates to advance but I'm confident they are up to the task!

Edited by piratetom

37 minutes ago, wingman10 said:

Have always thought SP was number 1 and had a greT chance to win. Should be closer than last yr

I was thinking back to last season. A few things came to mind. 

1. We had a 14-0 lead and let Greenback convert a trick play on fourth down. 

2. Greenback had another 4th down and converted a pass for a TD on "The Hit."

3. SP was fortunate once by getting a Greenback turnover late in the game when they were threatening to put it away. 

4. SP doesn't have as much speed as they had last season. 

5. Greenback lost 3-4 GREAT players  

I just think this game is going to be very competitive. I will say it again. The winner of this one has an excellent chance to win the gold ball. The last three seasons the east rep had no chance IMO. This year it's different. 

4 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

3. SP was fortunate once by getting a Greenback turnover late in the game when they were threatening to put it away. 

I just think this game is going to be very competitive. I will say it again. The winner of this one has an excellent chance to win the gold ball. The last three seasons the east rep had no chance IMO. This year it's different. 

Bass that was the hit heard all over Tennessee. LoL. Tell them young men to keep their heads on a swivel this year. 

9 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

If I remember correctly the second TD that you all scored was after you all blocked a punt and I agree the teams on the west side this year doesn't hold a light to the ones of the previous three years!! 

5 hours ago, muskox said:

This will be my 3rd attempt to make a bet with u on this game.....if your so certain on a 20 plus point victory then let's make this official 

Funny you say this . Back in early October you posted that the 3rd round matchup between Greenback/Coalfield would decide the east and the 4th round would NOT  be close. Ambassador replied to you saying he would be willing to bet money on it that the game would be close. You didn't take that bet.....

10 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

If I remember correctly the second TD that you all scored was after you all blocked a punt and I agree the teams on the west side this year doesn't hold a light to the ones of the previous three years!! 

Howiesmashville Says: Whoever the Pirates play for The Gold Ball, it's gonna be like 2007. West is weak...