Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

19 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Funny you say this . Back in early October you posted that the 3rd round matchup between Greenback/Coalfield would decide the east and the 4th round would NOT  be close. Ambassador replied to you saying he would be willing to bet money on it that the game would be close. You didn't take that bet.....

And i still say that.....i said a 14 point win for greenback or coalfield against south pitt......if Parker doesn't get hurt last week it could have very easily been a 56-55 score game either way....so name your bet 

Everyone on here has there opinion on here and that's why we get on here and have a good time getting after each other a little.....i may be 100 % wrong but I just don't see this mike ditka defense u all claim u to have....dont take this the wrong way but u guys are very small on the line....yes you all are  fast and play aggressive....coalfield has a amazing line and great size but those boys was wore out in the 2nd quater.....and that all falls on there coach for not having them prepared for a 4 quarter game...your offense thrives on big plays with the overall decent speed u have....if u all line up and run it down our throats I will be shocked....we have a great line and two amazing very smart linebackers...so.i can't wait to see it all play out in about 23 hrs 

5 minutes ago, muskox said:

Everyone on here has there opinion on here and that's why we get on here and have a good time getting after each other a little.....i may be 100 % wrong but I just don't see this mike ditka defense u all claim u to have....dont take this the wrong way but u guys are very small on the line....yes you all are  fast and play aggressive....coalfield has a amazing line and great size but those boys was wore out in the 2nd quater.....and that all falls on there coach for not having them prepared for a 4 quarter game...your offense thrives on big plays with the overall decent speed u have....if u all line up and run it down our throats I will be shocked....we have a great line and two amazing very smart linebackers...so.i can't wait to see it all play out in about 23 hrs 

Well, unfortunately you will not get to see it played out. Coach Grider has canceled the bus trip since we did not have a chance. 

8 minutes ago, muskox said:

Coalfield didn't have an amazing line they were big but no where close to amazing.  Having a big line doesnt't always mean they are good. Honestly I think whitwell had slightly better line play than coalfield and a much better defense.

6 minutes ago, powerp said:

Well, unfortunately you will not get to see it played out. Coach Grider has canceled the bus trip since we did not have a chance. 

I don't think anyone on here thinks that you all don't have a chance!! It may be a slim one but we do think you have one lol!! 

Howie said that we loose by 20 so I would still make the trip!!

Old Pirate says you youngons trying to be the nastrodomous of high school prediction is so ridiculous it makes us old earholers laugh out loud every time, while shaking our heads with dis-belief. Dis-regard the media prognosticators cause few ever played. GB is the hosting team & favorite in this matchup with majority of their starters returning. Now, does this indicate or suggest the Pirates do not need to board the bus? Heck No, the Pirates have the best group of unselfish players that OP has seen in HEEP of years. These Pirates win or lose will represent SP well. Again youngons, this will be a great matchup and neither team should feel, think anything other than a huge battle awaits on Friday night. Pirates by 2 in an upset

Edited by OLD PIRATE

2 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Coalfield didn't have an amazing line they were big but no where close to amazing.  Having a big line doesnt't always mean they are good. Honestly I think whitwell had slightly better line play than coalfield and a much better defense.

Willy, I would have to disagree about whitwell being better up front. If coalfield had been in shape and Parker doesn't get hurt then we are sitting here talking about coalfield and SP playing instead of GHS and SP!! Coalfield went backwards from last year to this year IMO!!

9 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

WRONG! Watched both SP and Whitwell games and no offense to Whitwell but they are about as good as half the teams GB has played this year. Yes, there is such a thing as wishful thinking but come tomorrow night, reality will set in and show just how good this YOUNG GB team is. Pure winners. We aren’t Whitwell. Not even close! 

4 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says you youngons trying to be the nastrodomous of high school prediction is so ridiculous it makes us old earholers laugh out loud every time, while shaking our heads with dis-belief. Dis-regard the media prognosticators cause few ever played. GB is the hosting team & favorite in this matchup with majority of their starters returning. Now, does this indicate or suggest the Pirates do not need to board the bus? Heck No, the Pirates have the best group of unselfish players that OP has seen in HEEP of years. This Pirates win or lose will represent SP well. Again youngons, this will be a great matchup and neither team should feel, think anything other than a huge battle awaits on Friday night. Pirates by 2 in an upset

We don't have most of our team returning from last year with loosing 4 D-1 players and loosing others that made a difference, so we're not the favorite this go around!! Every player on this team was on last years team except for one that I can think of and a lot of them didn't even start!

39 minutes ago, muskox said:

And i still say that.....i said a 14 point win for greenback or coalfield against south pitt......if Parker doesn't get hurt last week it could have very easily been a 56-55 score game either way....so name your bet 

I never proposed a bet. You were giving Howie  a hard time so I simply reminded you of your failure to back up your words as well. Regardless I expect a 4 quarter battle between two really good young teams