Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You must be arguing with 1 fan and 1 fan only.  The Pirate faithful I see in here that have sense enough to know we haven't faced a team as good as Greenback or a QB and RB as good as yours. 

bass there is no question to the fact that gilbert will be the best Rb this pirate team has faced this year and the overall balance of Gb offense. to answer your question i believe he was arguing with me and i am not any where close to delusional. Sp has a very tough task at hand tomorrow but it is a task imo that they can win.

13 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Bass our schedule is very weak and it's going to be even worse next year IMO, but like you all we have to play our district teams. I wished we had more competition but it is what it is!!

I think Coach Grider did a good job of trying to upgrade our schedule. Sequatchie County is a tough 3A team to start off with each season. Then we always play Marion County and Boyd Buchanan. Then he went out and got Goodpasture and Lipscomb. Who knew those teams were going to go 1-9? I still stand firm in this belief. Lipscomb and Goodpasture were better than probably 35-40 teams in 1A in TN. You know as as well as me that 75-80% of the teams in 1A I would classify as bad teams. 

14 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

They were probably better than Whitwell based on shear size alone. They formed a pocket for McKinney and it was hard to penetrate it.  As for the 6"5 300 pounder running under a 5.0.... No way.. if he could then he would have some big time offers. 

The only thing you can be arguing is his speed. I’m not from coalfield obviously so I don’t know the exact time but he for sure is 6’5” and he is pushing 300 lbs. And for what it’s worth, he is faster than any lineman GB has. 

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I think Coach Grider did a good job of trying to upgrade our schedule. Sequatchie County is a tough 3A team to start off with each season. Then we always play Marion County and Boyd Buchanan. Then he went out and got Goodpasture and Lipscomb. Who knew those teams were going to go 1-9? I still stand firm in this belief. Lipscomb and Goodpasture were better than probably 35-40 teams in 1A in TN. You know as as well as me that 75-80% of the teams in 1A I would classify as bad teams. 

I agree, CAK's record who seen that.

3 minutes ago, muskox said:

Whitwell was 2 yards away from beating u guys the first time and then u stomp them them the 2nd game.....like I said u never know with a decent team 

Yes they were. They were also 1 penalty by us away from being behind 28-8 in the fourth quarter. Whitwell had a pretty good team this year. There is absolutely no doubt about it. Average teams don't go to Gordonsville and mercy rule them in The Jungle. Do I think Greenback is better than Whitwell? Absolutely, no doubt about it. Do I think Greenback beats Whitwell any worse than 4 touchdowns? No, I do not. Like I have said all week long. I think this will be a good game. Like some other posters have said. Greenback has more athletes and it's a serious challenge for our young team. You have 15 or so juniors? We have a combined 15 juniors and seniors. Then we have another 30 underclassmen. Our time is coming in the future. We're just glad to be here in this game again this season.