Semi final South Pitt at Greenback

orngnblk

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

Their strength is the junior class. All of their big playmakers except for one kid will return next season. You are right about them being a 5-5 team or worse forever. So was Cornersville.. They had a quality team. I said it all season long. They wouldn't have done worse than 7-3 with your schedule is all I'm saying. Besides Grace, Kings, and Coalfield who else would have beaten them?

Bass our schedule is very weak and it's going to be even worse next year IMO, but like you all we have to play our district teams. I wished we had more competition but it is what it is!!

28 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Their main running back was Parker and with him hurt he still didn't get sacked that much! Not saying they were great just that they were better than whitwell!

They were probably better than Whitwell based on shear size alone. They formed a pocket for McKinney and it was hard to penetrate it.  As for the 6"5 300 pounder running under a 5.0.... No way.. if he could then he would have some big time offers. 

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

They were probably better than Whitwell based on shear size alone. They formed a pocket for McKinney and it was hard to penetrate it.  As for the 6"5 300 pounder running under a 5.0.... No way.. if he could then he would have some big time offers. 

I'm not sure on his 40 but the kid could run. I would like for a coalfield fan to come on here and let us know.

7 minutes ago, muskox said:

But who have u played besides a pretty decent whitwell team....i think gback or coalfield handles whitwell fairly easy like u did the 2nd game 

with your schedule whitwell would have maybe lost three reg season games coalfield,grace and kings and i think they could have played a really close game against grace and kings but we will never know. honestly you guys have played a tougher schedule than we have there is no secret there

25 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

+1 but my reasoning behind my post is that you haven’t faced anybody like Gilbert. Or played a team like GB. And we have played teams to your caliber three times. Coalfield twice and GCA due to their athleticism and coaching. GB is battle tested for the most part for this game. Speed doesn’t hurt our defense (usually). The ONLY way I see GB losing is if they act the way they did last week and retaliating with personal fouls. Other than that, we have a smart group and rarely turn the ball over. Still hoping for a great game. 

You must be arguing with 1 fan and 1 fan only.  The Pirate faithful I see in here that have sense enough to know we haven't faced a team as good as Greenback or a QB and RB as good as yours. 

8 minutes ago, muskox said:

Grace Christian and more than likely loudon

I said Grace Christian.  Loudon... really? You think Loudon was good? Let's put this in perspective. Loudon gave up over 50 points to Marion County and 600 yards rushing. Loudon barely squeaked by a Signal Mtn team that Whitwell beat by 40 plus points.  Sorry.. but Loudon wasn't better than Whitwell.  Like I said.  Grace Christian, Coalfield, and Kings were the only teams you played better than Whitwell. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, muskox said:

I meant us and possibly loudon.....so that would be 5-5 like usual 

That's not what was stated. Greenback can't play themselves. If Whitwell had Greenback's schedule. The only teams Whitwell probably loses to is Grace, Kings, and Coalfield. That's a 7-3 regular season.  Whitwell beats Loudon, Sunbright, Harriman, Midway, Oliver Springs, CAK, and Oakdale 7 days a week and twice on Sunday's. That would mean 7-3 at the worst if they played the Greenback schedule.

Just an fYI I never said all season Whitwell was as good as Greenback, Coalfield, or SP. As a matter of fact.. the week after y'all beat Coalfield I put y'all at 2nd in the rankings.