4A Semi-Final Springfield vs Haywood

DutchMantel

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You may not believe it, but I'm glad that the 'Jackets pulled out the win...in the same breath I'll tell you that Haywood was the better team, you caught them exactly when you needed to in order to win, and your kids and coaches were fantastic. Enjoy it though...programs vie to be where you all are now for generations and some never make it. Save the cockiness for someone else...there's a monster waiting in Cookeville for you, and their posters will gladly exchange with you if you still are feeling froggy after you reach 200 posts...they're sort of famous for it. Still...good luck to Springfield against the monster, I'd rather be wrong and y'all win one than be right and you go away quietly. Either way you'll be gone soon enough, and I'd be happy for the Yellowjackets regulars on here to take down the beast from the east.

Before Friday I thought Haywood was just the better team, afterwards I think differently, they didnt just win, they physically dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I even said they were better before, now we are playing a better team.....

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

You may not believe it, but I'm glad that the 'Jackets pulled out the win...in the same breath I'll tell you that Haywood was the better team, you caught them exactly when you needed to in order to win, and your kids and coaches were fantastic. Enjoy it though...programs vie to be where you all are now for generations and some never make it. Save the cockiness for someone else...there's a monster waiting in Cookeville for you, and their posters will gladly exchange with you if you still are feeling froggy after you reach 200 posts...they're sort of famous for it. Still...good luck to Springfield against the monster, I'd rather be wrong and y'all win one than be right and you go away quietly. Either way you'll be gone soon enough, and I'd be happy for the Yellowjackets regulars on here to take down the beast from the east.

A cocky one telling another cocky one to save his cockiness....bahahaha

6 hours ago, brian2000 said:

A cocky one telling another cocky one to save his cockiness....bahahaha

Not trying to be cocky at all, just don't tolerate well these newbies who make bold statements AFTER the fact. Myself and the Springfield faithful (who I have lots of respect for) have discussed football, and the teams they've played civilly and respectfully...then some Johnny come lately makes multiple brash statements AFTER the game. If Haywood had won, nobody would have heard from him at all.

Best of luck to the Jackets...hope you can bring it home!

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Here is the deal I have no beef or disrespect for Haywood at all. In fact I had a great time with some of your fans just talking football. But when you get on here day after day and that jerry guy talking about how ugly the game is gonna get and all that about how we cant play with Haywood then abosolutely I will give it back to him and let him eat a little crow. His mouth wrote a check his butt couldnt cash so yea I will tell him about it. Haywood may in fact be a better team, but the fact was that night they wasn't. They play us 10 more times in a row and win all of them who knows. But we outplayed them and outcoached them on that night and thats just the game of football.

5 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

Here is the deal I have no beef or disrespect for Haywood at all. In fact I had a great time with some of your fans just talking football. But when you get on here day after day and that jerry guy talking about how ugly the game is gonna get and all that about how we cant play with Haywood then abosolutely I will give it back to him and let him eat a little crow. His mouth wrote a check his butt couldnt cash so yea I will tell him about it. Haywood may in fact be a better team, but the fact was that night they wasn't. They play us 10 more times in a row and win all of them who knows. But we outplayed them and outcoached them on that night and thats just the game of football.

The"Jerry guy" you referred to just showed up recently, and that's the kind I'm talking about. Shows no respect to other teams and probably knows nothing about them, just talking smack because they were having a great season...that's not a true fan. Haywood had a great team this season, but I'm not a fan of theirs...just talking football with some people from Springfield who love their team and support them. Springfield did outplay and outcoach the Tomcats, and I'm happy for them...they deserved to represent the west for it, and I sincerely hope that they bring home the gold ball. I thought that Haywood would win, and I was wrong because Springfield did what they had to do to beat a more talented team...I think that Greeneville is probably better too, but I hope that the Jackets have one more in them. Some say that the best team doesn't always win...I say that the best team NEVER always wins. The '72 Dolphins are the last undefeated team in the NFL (45 years), yet there's always a "best" team.

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The"Jerry guy" you referred to just showed up recently, and that's the kind I'm talking about. Shows no respect to other teams and probably knows nothing about them, just talking smack because they were having a great season...that's not a true fan. Haywood had a great team this season, but I'm not a fan of theirs...just talking football with some people from Springfield who love their team and support them. Springfield did outplay and outcoach the Tomcats, and I'm happy for them...they deserved to represent the west for it, and I sincerely hope that they bring home the gold ball. I thought that Haywood would win, and I was wrong because Springfield did what they had to do to beat a more talented team...I think that Greeneville is probably better too, but I hope that the Jackets have one more in them. Some say that the best team doesn't always win...I say that the best team NEVER always wins. The '72 Dolphins are the last undefeated team in the NFL (45 years), yet there's always a "best" team.

i agree with that statement. Haywood was supposed to win that game you are correct. But it is true every team is beatable no matter who you are. These boys have more grit and fight in them than any other team i have seen represent this school except the 93 team who won state. If springfield plays their perfect game and greenville plays their perfect game as well, then i think greenville wins. But lets line up and play ball boys. The best thing going for springfield right now is the fact greenville thinks they will just automatically blow the doors off the jackets. Thats the perfect place for us to be in. Hit them in the mouth like you did Haywood and see how it goes from there

8 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not trying to be cocky at all, just don't tolerate well these newbies who make bold statements AFTER the fact. Myself and the Springfield faithful (who I have lots of respect for) have discussed football, and the teams they've played civilly and respectfully...then some Johnny come lately makes multiple brash statements AFTER the game. If Haywood had won, nobody would have heard from him at all.

Best of luck to the Jackets...hope you can bring it home!

My point is if a certain fan base is bragging about how they are going to dominate before the game.......then their team gets dominated. Don't be surprised that the other fan or fans come right back bragging. But I'm not sure who your calling a newbie

Edited by brian2000

On 11/28/2017 at 2:42 PM, brian2000 said:

My point is if a certain fan base is bragging about how they are going to dominate before the game.......then their team gets dominated. Don't be surprised that the other fan or fans come right back bragging. But I'm not sure who your calling a newbie

could be a whole lot more of them talkers getting a earful come about 530 tomorrow afternoon