4A Semi-Final Springfield vs Haywood

DutchMantel

2 hours ago, brian2000 said:

SHS will have to keep playing good defense and may have to play close to a perfect game. Haywood's # 31 is pretty good and runs through arm tackling.

Feed the playmakers on offense and limit the mistakes to give yourself a chance to win. My 2 cents 

Couldn't agree more! 

If haywood can play assignment football on D and not get sloppy, but stay focused, this one could get out of hand early in 2nd quarter.   Just too many weapons on offense so you know they are gonna score so you have to match them on the scoreboard.   The radio spoke highly of a Springfield playmaker last night so they do have some scoring capability.        

1 hour ago, warhawk said:

If haywood can play assignment football on D and not get sloppy, but stay focused, this one could get out of hand early in 2nd quarter.   Just too many weapons on offense so you know they are gonna score so you have to match them on the scoreboard.   The radio spoke highly of a Springfield playmaker last night so they do have some scoring capability.        

SHS has, imo, 5 pretty good skill guys. 1 of them is banged up and not sure if he will go next wk. Like you said, don't get sloppy. A ton of tough guys who plays heart out. 

I expect Haywood's very best so SHS has to play close to a perfect game to have a chance. Haywood will strike early and it will be interesting to see how the Jackets adjust and respond against this Haywood team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

SHS has, imo, 5 pretty good skill guys. 1 of them is banged up and not sure if he will go next wk. Like you said, don't get sloppy. A ton of tough guys who plays heart out. 

I expect Haywood's very best so SHS has to play close to a perfect game to have a chance. Haywood will strike early and it will be interesting to see how the Jackets adjust and respond against this Haywood team.

The Jackets have had a knack for adjusting and responding well in the playoffs, the players and coaches have done an excellent job! 

Edited by Kevin38

Springfield can not start against Haywood like they have against Lexington and SouthSide, or there will be no coming back. No matter how one sided these games look, both teams have the same time on the field and start the game 0-0...having said that, the Tomcats are waaayyy better than both the western division teams that Springfield has faced already, and won't let up 'till the game is well in hand. Best thing for the 'Jackets, is the fact that Haywood sometimes takes a while to get settled in and rolling too.

Last night Crockett County did a good job in the first Qt keeping the ball away from Haywood kind of like Mississippi State did bama. Once Haywood began rolling it was nothing the Cavs could do. Haywood was hitting them with every athlete in there arsenal, they literally demoralized Crockett County after the 1st qt

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Springfield can not start against Haywood like they have against Lexington and SouthSide, or there will be no coming back. No matter how one sided these games look, both teams have the same time on the field and start the game 0-0...having said that, the Tomcats are waaayyy better than both the western division teams that Springfield has faced already, and won't let up 'till the game is well in hand. Best thing for the 'Jackets, is the fact that Haywood sometimes takes a while to get settled in and rolling too.

I agree 100%, we have been great at adjusting (especially on defense) and coming back, BUT against Haywood getting down a couple scores pushes the degree of difficulty much higher than our previous 2 opponents. Trust me we fully understand what we are getting into, sometimes you have to beat a team better than you to make it to the state championship game and Haywood is that for us.....

53 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I agree 100%, we have been great at adjusting (especially on defense) and coming back, BUT against Haywood getting down a couple scores pushes the degree of difficulty much higher than our previous 2 opponents. Trust me we fully understand what we are getting into, sometimes you have to beat a team better than you to make it to the state championship game and Haywood is that for us.....

What would worry me most is the fact that you were a better team than Lexington or Southside and still got behind. 

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

What would worry me most is the fact that you were a better team than Lexington or Southside and still got behind. 

I personally felt like we were better than SS but pretty even with Lexington, mind you both of those games were on road, a good 3 hour trip each time, but we have to move on.....