4A Semi-Final Springfield vs Haywood

DutchMantel

29 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Thanks Chargerfan.  I've enjoyed reading your posts as I have lurked around the boards.  We must be around the same age, and I think we share a somewhat similar philosophy.  I'm sure you remember the smoke-breathing dinosaur that served as the chimney for the Stacmot.  Stacmot is also the name of Haywood's mascot.  Haywood and Byars-Hall were pretty big rivals back in the day.  It sure would have been one heck of a game (and crowd) if Haywood and Covington had resumed their rivalry this year.  I wish the Chargers the best of luck against Pearl-Cohn.

Good luck to y'all, too. Based on how y'all handled Crockett County twice this year, I expect y'all to end up at Cookeville playing for the Gold Ball.

5 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Good luck to y'all, too. Based on how y'all handled Crockett County twice this year, I expect y'all to end up at Cookeville playing for the Gold Ball.

Thanks, but we've got to get by Springfield first.  They'll be ready for us.  I hope Covington plays for the Gold Ball too.

I hope the yellow jackets aren’t  keying on Decourtney Reed, Crockett County did so and got burned by everyone else on the field. My predicted score will be 42-24 in favor for Haywood. I wouldn’t say Haywood is beech on steroids, but i will say they’re more of the Henry county team that won state a few years ago. Coach hookfin builds there schedule to be ready for play off football, only reason Oakland wasn’t on there schedule this year is because he wanted MUS. To beat Haywood Springfield will have to play a perfect game. And if you want to be honest Haywood has been an underdog the entire season in my opinion. No one outside of West TN mentions them tbh

Edited by JerryBradford3

5 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I love it when we are the under dog, been this way they whole playoffs, apperantly West Tennesseans are the only people who play good football.....

West Tennessee has been pretty good this year but we haven't had the history and tradition compared to Middle and East Tennessee schools.

Lausanne will win D2-AA, but that's it. Huntingdon was suppose to win it in 1A, but they lost and all we have is Lake County which the Falcons are underdogs to Cornersville. 2A is UC, but I'll pick CA over the Tornadoes. 3A is Covington, but they'll have to play perfect in order to stay with Pearl Cohn. 4A is Haywood. Brighton is underdogs to Beech, that's 5A, and the winner of Oakland/Maryville will win it in 6A.

Also, a lot of our teams would get destroyed to Middle/East Tennessee teams. We also don't have a lot of 5A and 6A schools which hurts our perception a lot.

1 hour ago, Lejerwin said:

You have to be in my head to understand what I'm talking about ,they haven't  played there best game  yet but if they do it would make sense what I said about the steroids thing, but the schedule was written down in the football locker room SSH was one as well was Oakland 

If Haywood hasn't played their "best game" yet, then they won't play their best game for the remainder of the season. That's just me being honest. There's no such thing as "perfect" football when you're dealing with High School kids. Honestly, I think they have played their "perfect" game, you just don't noticed it.

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If Haywood hasn't played their "best game" yet, then they won't play their best game for the remainder of the season. That's just me being honest. There's no such thing as "perfect" football when you're dealing with High School kids. Honestly, I think they have played their "perfect" game, you just don't noticed it.

I agree 100%, for both teams, you don't have to be "perfect". You need to be able to replicate your best game or close to your best game every Friday night in the playoffs. I don't know about Haywood, but I don't think Springfield has done this yet. It doesn't mean they can't or won't. If Springfield cleans up the turnover mess they've had the past two games and convert more of the red zone trips to points it's going to be a heck of a semi-final showdown!

9 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I agree 100%, for both teams, you don't have to be "perfect". You need to be able to replicate your best game or close to your best game every Friday night in the playoffs. I don't know about Haywood, but I don't think Springfield has done this yet. It doesn't mean they can't or won't. If Springfield cleans up the turnover mess they've had the past two games and convert more of the red zone trips to points it's going to be a heck of a semi-final showdown!

Yep, SHS have made it hard on themselves with turnovers. Got to clean that up. 

Thanksgiving break. Schools out. Will be interesting to see the focus of both teams.