4A Semi-Final Springfield vs Haywood

DutchMantel

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody including the Haywood faithful, hope everyone gets their bullies full and enjoys their families.....

I believe this is the 1st post Thanksgiving game for the Jackets since my junior year in 1994, I always loved these games at this time! I know all of Robertson County will be in full support! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody including the Haywood faithful, hope everyone gets their bullies full and enjoys their families.....

I believe this is the 1st post Thanksgiving game for the Jackets since my junior year in 1994, I always loved these games at this time! I know all of Robertson County will be in full support! 

Thanks Kevin.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.

On 11/19/2017 at 6:44 PM, Poundtherock23 said:

I love it when we are the under dog, been this way they whole playoffs, apperantly West Tennesseans are the only people who play good football.....

Thinking the same way, reading all this.   You'd think an NFL team is coming to Robertson County.   ;)   I would bet the Jackets still show up.   

• Upvote 1

Haywood County is a good football team, no doubt. Springfield may not be as explosive or have stats as gaudy as the Tomcats, but all Springfield does is continue to get Ws in a lot of different ways.  They've played a tough schedule too. Granted, Haywood may come to Springfield and blow the Yellow Jackets out. I don't think that will happen, because Springfield will be prepared and focused. I look for a hard fought game from both sides and cannot wait for Friday night to get here. 

Well it's game day , looking forward to this one. Hoping for a Jacket  victory , knowing this will be a huge challenge against Haywood. Safe travels for the folks from a Haywood County coming to the game and it should be great night for football . Go Jackets !

Edited by LEON

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:42 AM, TryNotToSuck said:

West Tennessee has been pretty good this year but we haven't had the history and tradition compared to Middle and East Tennessee schools.

Lausanne will win D2-AA, but that's it. Huntingdon was suppose to win it in 1A, but they lost and all we have is Lake County which the Falcons are underdogs to Cornersville. 2A is UC, but I'll pick CA over the Tornadoes. 3A is Covington, but they'll have to play perfect in order to stay with Pearl Cohn. 4A is Haywood. Brighton is underdogs to Beech, that's 5A, and the winner of Oakland/Maryville will win it in 6A.

Also, a lot of our teams would get destroyed to Middle/East Tennessee teams. We also don't have a lot of 5A and 6A schools which hurts our perception a lot.

We will see what happens tonight but I never consider Whitehaven out of contention until I see a final score that says different.

Back on topic I'd really like to see Springfield win this game but that looks to be a tall order. Good luck Jackets.

Springfield's best defense tonight, is going to be there offense. If they can average 4-5 yards on every play,control the clock, do better in the red zone, protect the ball, and limit Haywood's offense time on the field, they will have a good chance at winning. If Springfield gets behind or tries to boat race with them, I don't think it ends well for the Jackets. Springfield has the speed and athleticism to play with Haywood, it all comes down to how the Jackets respond to the holiday week and all the hype that surrounds a home semi-final game. Safe travels to Haywood and as always GO JACKETS!