4A Semi-Final Springfield vs Haywood

DutchMantel

Great win for the Jackets and on to the championship. Going into this game I'll be honest I thought Haywood would be too much , but in the end the Jackets got it done with huge big plays on offense and what can you say about the defense they were undersized but played with as much heart as anyone , putting Haywood in situations they weren't used too. Congrats to Haywood , you guys have a great team that had a great season. It's a great day in Yellow Jacket country and time to go compete for that second gold ball. Go Jackets !

Congrat's on the win 'Jackets! Y'all beat a very talented team last night, but I'm sure that you know it by now...I love to see "team" triumph over talent, because it's the right way to play the game. Not disrespecting your kids at all...you have to have talent to get close to where you all are now. I'll be pulling for you in the 'ship...keep playing like last night and anything can be done!

P.S. Show your coaches some love, 'cause they'll be coming for him!!!

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Congrat's on the win 'Jackets! Y'all beat a very talented team last night, but I'm sure that you know it by now...I love to see "team" triumph over talent, because it's the right way to play the game. Not disrespecting your kids at all...you have to have talent to get close to where you all are now. I'll be pulling for you in the 'ship...keep playing like last night and anything can be done!

P.S. Show your coaches some love, 'cause they'll be coming for him!!!

Coach Wilson is Springfield area born and raised. Started a middle school football ball program at one of the feeder schools, and given his heart and soul to the program at Springfield for the last 7 years. I doubt he leaves.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DANR said:

Coach Wilson is Springfield area born and raised. Started a middle school football ball program at one of the feeder schools, and given his heart and soul to the program at Springfield for the last 7 years. I doubt he leaves.

All good points, and there are those that it applies to...if the man has a family to provide for and an "offer that he can't refuse" comes along, you can't blame him for listening though.

35 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

All good points, and there are those that it applies to...if the man has a family to provide for and an "offer that he can't refuse" comes along, you can't blame him for listening though.

Good points as well, but I really believe his heart is fully in at Springfield, this is the job he had his sites on when he got into coaching, unless maybe he is looking to coach in the college ranks which I believe he could if he wanted as he is a very good coach, still early in his career though. No guarantees of course but I would be surprised if he left Springfield for another highschool job anyway.....

Edited by Kevin38

8 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Good points as well, but I really believe his heart is fully in at Springfield, this is the job he had his sites on when he got into coaching, unless maybe he is looking to coach in the college ranks which I believe he could if he wanted as he is a very good coach, still early in his career though. No guarantees of course but I would be surprised he he left Springfield for another highschool job anyway.....

I would be more worried about his brother Drew, who runs the defense, taking a head coaching job.

1 minute ago, DANR said:

I would be more worried about his brother Drew, who runs the defense, taking a head coaching job.

Excellent point as well, and I could see him taking a hc job at some point, however I dont believe it would be anytime soon, he will want to coach with his brother for a few more seasons anyway, could be wrong but I think they are really enjoying this right now.....

9 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Good points as well, but I really believe his heart is fully in at Springfield, this is the job he had his sites on when he got into coaching, unless maybe he is looking to coach in the college ranks which I believe he could if he wanted as he is a very good coach, still early in his career though. No guarantees of course but I would be surprised he he left Springfield for another highschool job anyway.....

Just now, DANR said:

I wasn't trying to imply anything, and looks like I sort of opened a can 'o worms...I hope that he stays. I believe that "good coaching" and "good situations" go hand in hand...I have witnessed great young coaches lift programs, only to leave for "better jobs", and neither the coach nor the program work as well without the other. Sorry to get that started.

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I wasn't trying to imply anything, and looks like I sort of opened a can 'o worms...I hope that he stays. I believe that "good coaching" and "good situations" go hand in hand...I have witnessed great young coaches lift programs, only to leave for "better jobs", and neither the coach nor the program work as well without the other. Sorry to get that started.

Oh no not at all buddy, if I felt he would be the type to jet at an opportunity I would openly admit it, definitely not trying to be defensive if it seems that way, I genuinely believe he is happy at Springfield, although he has never told me personally, you can just see it, he is a proud Springfield alum.....