OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

13 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

The Oak Ridge Wildcats brought the brooms to Hardin Valley tonight and made it a three way sweep of the Hawks.

Varsity ( last Thursday )  OR  23     HVA  7

Junior Varsity   Wildcats  33   Hawks  12

Freshmen  Oak Ridge  29   Hardin Valley Academy  20 ...big game for Kendall Jackson.

---Scores by David Clary

Sweep is correct but the JV score was 33 to 26... both freshmen and JV came down to the wire.  I'd say both OR and HVA have bright futures based on the play of the youngsters.  Certainly much more competitive and fun to watch than Thursday night! (SMH)

As a former South Rebel... I will be rooting for the home team over in Black Oak Ridge this week!  After my wedding day, Christmas, and a few other special days... there is nothing like seeing my favorite old rival from Kingsport losing! :popcorneater:

2 hours ago, RebelAtHeart said:

Sweep is correct but the JV score was 33 to 26... both freshmen and JV came down to the wire.  I'd say both OR and HVA have bright futures based on the play of the youngsters.  Certainly much more competitive and fun to watch than Thursday night! (SMH)

As a former South Rebel... I will be rooting for the home team over in Black Oak Ridge this week!  After my wedding day, Christmas, and a few other special days... there is nothing like seeing my favorite old rival from Kingsport losing! :popcorneater:

Sorry about the wrong score and thank you for the correction. I should note David Clary had the score correct the blame is all mine.

RWR!

50 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Wow, you were digging deep to come up with ole John Hendrix vision.  I'm impressed. In this case, wiki is accurate.  Oak Ridge wasn't here until 1943, but ole John Henrix prediction was right on the money wasn't it?  I don't know about 1915, but nowadays Black Oak Ridge is in Knoxvul. Lol

Thanks for learnin me!  I worked at the Lab for 5 years back when I still felt like a youngin and I recall some of the wise ole seasoned citizens referring to it that way - but heck... they mighta been talking about North Knoxvul too! :thumb:

By the way... working the chains last night at HVA and I had the privilege of shaking hands with your Coach Gaddis.  Great man... leading a great program!  Now don't hold back this week when the Tribe comes rolling in! (as I like to say... "around the toilet and down the bowl... roll tribe roll!")

Edited by RebelAtHeart

I have been meaning to post this for months...for all of us out of towner Wildcat fans we can still enjoy watching Coaches Corner with Joe Gaddis on You Tube.  Just go to You Tube.com after the show is over and search for Coaches Corner with Joe Gaddis Aug. 22, 2018 and the link to tonight's show should pop up. Always put in the show's date you want to watch or you will get links to many other shows. If you ever get bored, search Oak Ridge Wildcats Football Tennessee on You Tube and you will be amazed at all the stuff available. My favorite is the 1991 Class AAA State Semifinal games with Central. 42 - 41 THE GAME! I was there. Also, search for OR basketball.

Speaking about the 1991 game...if you think I am a huge Tee Higgins fan, you should have seen the way I worshiped Shawn Summers. I HATE the Vols with a passion but while he was at UT I cheered for them.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

I know, I know, I know. This is not football related but I have to SHOUT it out loud...

Oak Ridge Schools were named the Top School District in Tennessee last week.

Last night, the Oak Ridge Lady SoccerCats (2 - 0 ) easily defeated Farragut in both Varsity and Junior Varsity soccer. Something special maybe happening in the Ridge. The Lady SoccerCats defeated Catholic in the first game of the season.

You think Oak Ridge doesn't know how to play defense???

After two weeks of games, the Oak Ridge Youth Football teams combined have scored 93 points and given up ZERO points. Last night, the Oak Ridge 9-under tied Fulton 0 - 0. Who knew youth football games could end in ties?

Do you all remember the old days where every elementary school fielded teams? I went to St. Mary's but played for Cedar Hill. Woodland always had the best team when I played.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:51 AM, SweetScience said:

I hear Kendall may be a special one. And no, not the short bus type. 

You heard correctly Sweet. I just watched last night's Coach's Corner with Joe Gaddis on YouTube and Kendall Jackson scored 4 TDs for the freshmen team and made several great plays on defense. He is the youngest of the Jackson bothers and as you have said the best. He will be All-State and even more during his OR career.

The JV and Freshmen are a great mix of linemen and athletes. Oak Ridge will be RWR for a while.

9 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

You think Oak Ridge doesn't know how to play defense???

After two weeks of games, the Oak Ridge Youth Football teams combined have scored 93 points and given up ZERO points. Last night, the Oak Ridge 9-under tied Fulton 0 - 0. Who knew youth football games could end in ties?

Do you all remember the old days where every elementary school fielded teams? I went to St. Mary's but played for Cedar Hill. Woodland always had the best team when I played.

Yep:  Woodland, Glenwood, Linden, Cedar Hill, and Willowbrook.  3 teams each: grasshoppers, minor pee wees and pee wees.  Sometimes a school would have 2 teams in the same age group. (Woodland pee wees had a blue team and a gold team).  Games were played under the lights at Carl Yearwood.  That is 15+ youth teams feeding what was then the junior highs.  Also had the travel team, the hand picked Oak Ridge Atoms coached by Mr. Hahn.  That was the good ole days.   I played for Woodland and it's pronounced Wootlan. Lol  Now days you have 3 youth teams total,

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, RebelAtHeart said:

My favorite South vs DB game was 2009....:thumb:However as a former Devil with former Indian kids,I enjoyed last Friday night at DB just about as much .Nothing like seeing your own school take it out on the Tribe at J fred