OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

22 hours ago, bounder said:

Hey LOD how's it going? Still on the list? Think a lot about you my friend.

Still on the list.  Insurance will pay for Vanderbilt, but not St T.  I told Vandy they were NOT the Gods of medicine for Tn.  St T. has its rating but do not give the kickback to the insurance companies Vandy does.  So basically I am on hold until the insurance folks come off the dime.  I am almost as fed up with insurance companies as I am ALL politicians of every party!

What was fun is when they found out I was a 'little' low on blood.  Gave me three pints the first time and sent me home for a week, then had to give me 5 pints the second trip.  Felt pretty good after the fill up.  LOL

Thank You for the thoughts Brother!  Only real up side is my podiatrist knows and can talk intelligently about European 'football'.  He keeps telling me I need to Coach.  Told him NO way as the little darlings cannot be talked to harshly anymore.  You know I call them like I see them, be it MY team or any other.

16 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Any news on the Blankenship Field work? I am going out on a limb and say nothing has been done :(

Just need to keep those stairs, so you can run kids up and down it for a reminder to pay attention and play like it.  I always though having the kids climb them fast and run a circle around to climb them again would be an excellent conditioning drill.

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Just need to keep those stairs, so you can run kids up and down it for a reminder to pay attention and play like it.  I always though having the kids climb them fast and run a circle around to climb them again would be an excellent conditioning drill.

You are a good egg LOD.  Best wishes on your health. I actually ran those stairs at the age of 35. Thought I might lose weight. Luckily, I didn't lose my life :D Go Warriors and Wildcats. RWR!

17 hours ago, bounder said:

I walked up those 72 steps this past football season and at 74

thought I wasn't going to be able to breath for 1/2 an hour. I hate those darn things but nobody had better try to dig them up, while I'm here.

One thing that makes Oak Ridge so special is that the TRADITIONS started in 1943 are alive and well today thanks to guys like Papa Bounder and the rest of the Oak Ridge CoachT.com Wildcats. Also, a new honorary Wildcat fan RW87.

Idea! Become the first high school football facility to be equipped with an escalator. I would also like to have Star Trek's Beam Me Up Technology. While we are at it, lets go back in time and place Summers, Gulmire, Tee, Pope, Doug Martin and a motivated big Richard Howard on the same  team. Let Armstrong, Gaddis and WillieTheWildcat coach them up. Of course all games will be aired on WATO 1290 by David Clary in his BOOM BIG STIICK heyday.. Replay Saturday at 12 noon with Coach's Corner Wednesday night.

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

Went by Blankenship today. Nothing to report. I understand there are so good decaffeinated products in the stores.

If I remember correctly, AD Mullins said  on Prepradio.com that the  field would be ready June 2, 2018.  They better meet that date or the 2018 Class of ORHS will be denied the opportunity to walk at the Ship.

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

If I remember correctly, AD Mullins said  on Prepradio.com that the  field would be ready June 2, 2018.  They better meet that date or the 2018 Class of ORHS will be denied the opportunity to walk at the Ship.

I predict that nothing happens on the field before the 2018 season. All talk...no action!

On 2/23/2018 at 8:18 AM, atrisk said:

I don't remember Coach Mullin's mentioning any thing about June, but maybe. Plenty of time before the first game. Grass is fine with me. Stadium needs work.

I can’t remember if it was the first or the second playoff game, but seeing the embarrassing condition of the field, grass is NOT fine with me. I’m not really a turf guy but our field was awful after rain.