OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

Great news, Johnny Stewart is going to continue his education and football career at Tusculum University. I wonder what position he will play, QB, RB, LB or maybe a DB? IMHO, some bigger schools fell asleep on a very talented player. I am certain he would have been stellar at UT-Chattanooga. Although, UTC has been going through some coaching changes that make it unsettling. They get a real good football or basketball coach only to have them pulled away by another school.

4 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I was told they are waiting until after graduation to start on the turf.  It takes 60 days if they don't run into any unforeseen issues.  I'm like Cats though, I will believe it when I see it.  

I’ll bet they didn’t commit to which graduation. I’ll predict they’ll start right after graduation 2020. This is ridiculous and embarrassing. Everyone else seems to get it quickly yet we talk about it for years and do NOTHING! Like I’ve said before, I probably prefer grass but if we are going to talk for years about getting turf, then let’s get it! 

7 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I think his issue is with the condition of grass playing surface.  It was awful last season.  It has always been a good playing surface, but last year it was not maintained well throughout the season.  By the playoffs it was bordering on unsafe.  

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. From my seat our grass field looked AWFUL! I like grass but not our grass. Our city needs to do something besides talk! Dig up the grass field and replace it with a new grass surface or a new turf field! But PLEASE shut up and do SOMETHING...ANYTHING! 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:25 PM, atrisk said:

No news, just wanted to move us up the page some.

Just a tiny bit of news...#30 tweeted he has been waiting since his freshmen year for something to be done at the Ship. He has given up hope and will just roll with the field, locker-room and scoreboard as is. Sounds to me he is just focusing on having the best senior year he can have and not worrying what the adults are doing. I applaud #30.

#30 also tweeted he doesn't play 7 on 7 football because he gets nothing from it. Tee Higgins (Oak Ridge) and Amari Rodgers (Knoxville Catholic) from Clemson also are tired of some aspects of 7 on 7. 

A while back, there was a brief mention on this board about an Oak Ridge player getting hurt and having surgery after a 7 on 7 injury. I could never get the players name because of the privacy law. I was actually thinking and being worried it was # 30 who got hurt but if he doesn't play 7 on 7 anymore he was probably not the injured player. I just hope the injured player is getting well and will be ready to go in August.  

RWR!