#1 Greeneville vs Springfield 4a Championship!!!

DevilMan03

Congrats to the Greeneville Green Devils.   Perhaps the most dominating performance I've seen up here in a long time!   Caine Ballard is a class act and he's passed that down to his son.   I had a good conversation with both him and Coach Wilson following the game.   I'll air that tomorrow at 4:00 PM (Central time) during my Friday Main Event Blue Cross Bowl Recap!   You can stream it right here:

Friday Main Event

Congratulations to Greeneville on a heck of a season and a well deserved state championship. So proud to see you guys bringing yet another gold ball to the eastern side of the state.

Springfield had a fine season also. There were only two teams in the entire state fortunate enough to play 4A ball today and no one thought the jackets would be one of those teams.

Greeneville, make that trophy case a little bigger and make sure there is room for some more gold balls in the years to come. Well done!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Just a question. Why is East TN so top heavy? Teams like Greenville,alcoa,Maryville,Knox Catholic,Fulton. Is it because there's less schools and not as many private schools? Just a question ive been wondering.

I'm not sure it's as top heavy as you think. There is as much balance, on average, in east Tennessee as there is across the state. Strength in different regions is cyclical especially with teams in the middle of the pecking order. It's really a moot point given the lack of a lot of head to head matchups across different regions.

Good thing to start an argument on the T though.

1 minute ago, DevilMan03 said:

That was a game in which Greeneville killed themselves. But the best team won and also won the title. Back to back will be fun yet again 

Greeneville has a great team and will be the favorite to repeat for sure. But obnoxious #### as yourself make it very hard to pull for them. Win with humility, lose with grace..... study on that for a bit.

Congrats to Greenville on your State Championship!! Waiting to watch the 6A game, but so far Greenville has been head and shoulders above  any team in Cookeville. Even the private. Have to wait until tomorrow night to form opinion on overall, but once again ....Congratulations. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1