TN Coach's Poll For 17 December-Some Shakeup at the Bottom

ArtusCimber

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING POLL

From: Jeff Price                                                               Results from: 17 December 2017

THIS IS THE THIRD POLL OF THE SEASON. 

Now in its 26th year, The Poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength with some consideration to individual tournament strength.   Votes are cast by a state-wide panel of high school wrestling coaches and are based on a maximum Power Ranking of 100%.

STATE POLL:

RANK

SCHOOL

POWER

RANKING

LAST WEEK

CLEVELAND

McCALLIE

CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

SCIENCE HILL

BAYLOR

BRADLEY CENTRAL

WILSON CENTRAL

ARLINGTON

SODDY-DAISY

HALLS

BLACKMAN

NR

BRENTWOOD

NR

ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: BEECH, HERITAGE, FATHER RYAN

Soddy has three wrestlers and that's about it! They can score well at regular tournament with those 3, but in a dual 3 matches wont make a huge difference against a team that has pretty good wrestlers from 106-285. Boeck, Wilson are about all you can count on and Maynor can score some points also, after that not much else!

mrfixalot, i am a soddy boy, but i also watched them against Hixson, cumberland county as well as this past weekend. yes the mccallie is a very tough tourney, been there myself, but when placing 6 back there is no reason there shouldn't be more than 3 placers, especially considering there were a few seeded within that. So nothing they have done to this point has shown me they have what it takes to make a run at even a region RU and a place in the state dual tourney. Good luck to them and i hope they prove me wrong as i have been many times before, but they are not a very deep or talented team.

If the poll is based on primarily dual meet strength it appears to be reasonable.  I could definitely see some changes if it were based on tough individual tournament strength.  

It would be fun to see out of the Top 10 teams in this poll who would finish the highest in a tough individual tournament such as Walsh Ironman or Beast Of The East.  

Edited by cbg

20 hours ago, mrfixalot49 said:

Cobra if your truly a SD boy as you say . You would see the potential this team has. Come region duals you will see a much improved team.

MRFIXALOT, been around wrestling and helped coach wrestling A LONG time. There are a few kids that have some potential, but there are some upperclassmen that still are wrestling like freshman, being up big but getting stuck, and not just getting caught but pretty much just giving up, you can't have that happen with UC and expect to win, especially in duals where bonus points and cutting points is the biggest thing. I have always called it like I see it and I love my Trojans and wish them the best, but that team has a LONG ways to go before they are even close to the caliber of a usual Soddy team and they aren't the only one's that get better during the season, Bradley doesnt look much like Bradley right now either, but they will also grow by regions. Right now its Cleveland and everyone else.

• Upvote 1