TC Football 2018

TNVol23

6 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Did you see Gallatin scrimmage Lebanon? If so how does TC compare to Lebanon.

I did.  Trousdale Co has the most impressive looking backfield out of any team that we scrimmaged.  The Ford kid, is definitely the fastest back we have seen so far.  (I believe that was his name)   I personally think that Lebanon’s defense is a step ahead of Gallatin’s.  They swarm to the ball and we hard a hard time running against them.  They also have the big Georgia commit who appears impressive to look at but really did not do much against Gallatin. Lebanon’s QB has a decent arm but the offensive line allowed the Wave to penetrate several times.  Trousdale Co, it appeared to me ran the wing-T but maybe some veer was thrown in as well.  They definitely were very good and I bet did not show all they were capable of.  I was very surprised though they would not allow the kicking game to be worked on, and that appeared to be a significant weak point for TC judging by the PAT’s.  In my opinion, because it was discussed last night, that it will be a good game next week.  I don’t see a total domination by either squad but I would give the nod to TC.  Both teams are playoff caliber.

I really enjoy the atmosphere at the Creekbank.  Good people over there and I wish y’all the best.  Facility is fantastic.  I wish Gallatin would have had the starting QB play but very glad neither side had any injuries.  Good luck the rest of the way and I think you may have another Gold Ball headed your way.   

Edited by GWAVE1

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I did.  Trousdale Co has the most impressive looking backfield out of any team that we scrimmaged.  The Ford kid, is definitely the fastest back we have seen so far.  (I believe that was his name)   I personally think that Lebanon’s defense is a step ahead of Gallatin’s.  They swarm to the ball and we hard a hard time running against them.  They also have the big Georgia commit who appears impressive to look at but really did not do much against Gallatin. Lebanon’s QB has a decent arm but the offensive line allowed the Wave to penetrate several times.  Trousdale Co, it appeared to me ran the wing-T but maybe some veer was thrown in as well.  They definitely were very good and I bet did not show all they were capable of.  I was very surprised though they would not allow the kicking game to be worked on, and that appeared to be a significant weak point for TC judging by the PAT’s.  In my opinion, because it was discussed last night, that it will be a good game next week.  I don’t see a total domination by either squad but I would give the nod to TC.  Both teams are playoff caliber.

I really enjoy the atmosphere at the Creekbank.  Good people over there and I wish y’all the best.  Facility is fantastic.  I wish Gallatin would have had the starting QB play but very glad neither side had any injuries.  Good luck the rest of the way and I think you may have another Gold Ball headed your way.   

Yeah TC certainly has speed. They starting QB didn't even play last night. They have at least 3-4 kids that have the speed to take it to the house.

That was what I heard about the Gallatin vs Lebanon scrimmage as well. That Lebanon's defense really gave them a hard time. Which I expected their defense to be really good. They were really good last year and returned some key players. They have a front 7 that is very stout.

The quarterback for Lebanon is pretty good and college bound as well. But I don't think he has many weapons. And their offensive line did take a step back they lost some good ones from last year.

You are absolutely right about the kicking game for TC. Unless they were just getting somebody some extra work then they are gonna struggle in the kicking game. They looked like they were barely making xpats. It looked like anything further than 25-30 yard fgs are out of the question.

I expect TC and Lebanon to be a tight low scoring game again like last year.

Good luck to you guys as well.

14 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Yeah TC certainly has speed. They starting QB didn't even play last night. They have at least 3-4 kids that have the speed to take it to the house.

That was what I heard about the Gallatin vs Lebanon scrimmage as well. That Lebanon's defense really gave them a hard time. Which I expected their defense to be really good. They were really good last year and returned some key players. They have a front 7 that is very stout.

The quarterback for Lebanon is pretty good and college bound as well. But I don't think he has many weapons. And their offensive line did take a step back they lost some good ones from last year.

You are absolutely right about the kicking game for TC. Unless they were just getting somebody some extra work then they are gonna struggle in the kicking game. They looked like they were barely making xpats. It looked like anything further than 25-30 yard fgs are out of the question.

I expect TC and Lebanon to be a tight low scoring game again like last year.

Good luck to you guys as well.

Remember TC kicker is the QB that’s suspended for first few games. TC will use another kicker than the youngster they used last night. Key for TC is stay healthy. They could be 0-2 or 2-0 after first two games but it means nothing until they play Watertown and when they get to playoffs. Stay healthy and improve and it could be a magical season in Hartsville. 

57 minutes ago, Volstate said:

Remember TC kicker is the QB that’s suspended for first few games. TC will use another kicker than the youngster they used last night. Key for TC is stay healthy. They could be 0-2 or 2-0 after first two games but it means nothing until they play Watertown and when they get to playoffs. Stay healthy and improve and it could be a magical season in Hartsville. 

I figured it was likely something along those lines. I know the kid that was kicking last night and didn't think he would be out there normally.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, Imthayeti said:

Maybe someone from Region 1. ?  Sullivan North was #1 seed from that region not sure what they graduated. Also maybe Watertown could be a factor. They went 9-3 last year. But from what I hear be hard to beat TC. In their region.

The color of the Dark Horse is Black N Gold.

Should be a extremely exciting season for the jackets and those who support the purple and gold. I know I am personally excited to bring the action to anyone who cannot make it in person. If you can't make it tune in to 93.5 fm 1090am for the broadcast featuring myself and one of the best to do it Jerry "Cheese" Richmond as we bring you another Trousdale County Football season, Go Jackets!

Edited by JacketNationFan1

4 hours ago, oldfootballplayer said:

Sonny Moore's Tennessee High School Football ratings has TC's first three opponents (Lebanon, Friendship Christian, and Watertown) ranked above them. I sure hope the ratings are wrong. 

Two of them should be. Friendship won state championship and has won 15 in a row and Lebanon was a 6A playoff team last year. Now Watertown May be very good but last year it was 42-0 TC. Just said a few weeks  ago, this TC team could be 0-2 and still win it all but I would rather TC play these teams than play the Pickett counties or Red boilings of the world.

6 hours ago, Volstate said:

Two of them should be. Friendship won state championship and has won 15 in a row and Lebanon was a 6A playoff team last year. Now Watertown May be very good but last year it was 42-0 TC. Just said a few weeks  ago, this TC team could be 0-2 and still win it all but I would rather TC play these teams than play the Pickett counties or Red boilings of the world.

Every team makes the playoffs in 6A I think but I could be wrong I think 6A only has 30 something teams in the whole classification 

11 hours ago, oldfootballplayer said:

Sonny Moore's Tennessee High School Football ratings has TC's first three opponents (Lebanon, Friendship Christian, and Watertown) ranked above them. I sure hope the ratings are wrong. 

That ranking system is wrong I wonder if Sonny Moore has ever seen a 2a football game or if he does like most of the ranking and just assume that higher classifications make you a better team and Watertown. Shouldn't be ranked above TC especially with last year game and with how more physical TC was than Watertown last year TC just imposed their will on Watertown and games the run game straight down their throat