Knox Catholic requests move to D2

osunut2

1 hour ago, HTV said:

The biggest issue with the Z plan was having your playoff seed, or even if you made the playoffs at all, determined by a team not even in your own classification.  Having 2 classifications in the same regular season "districts" just never made sense.  For instance Scott Cummings publicly talked about it several times, and many accused him as whining, but he was correct.  His school - a 5A school - was knocked out of a potential #1 seed a couple of times with a loss only to a 6A school,  Games against other classifications shouldn't have any effect on playoff qualification or seeding, IMO.  

Agree!

It's likely way too radical but I'd like a two year test run on doing away with all regular season classes and regions. Schedule 10 games of whoever you want, for better gate, distance, whatever combination. For playoffs, take teams with at least 5 wins, 32 teams in each class, order those teams from largest qualifier (Example Blackman) to smallest to make no more than 6 classes. Within the brackets, order them first into four brackets and then order them simply by wins, with tiebreaking procedures in place. Yes some teams with weaker schedules would get in at higher spots but it would equal out.

On 1/14/2018 at 11:02 AM, atrisk said:

I have read steamers on this thread like: we don't want to play where we're not wanted, the Chattanooga teams vote against us, Webb & GCA don't want to play Catholic. My guess it's because of the personalities and attidude of some of the Catholic supporters/fans.  Sounds to me like ya need to trade in your AD for a PR firm. By the way WTA it's mid morning, time to switch from Mimosas to Bloody Marys. Leave it to you to brung this thread down to your comfort zone.

Not playing where they aren’t wanted didn’t stop them last year, just long enough to get their public school gold ball. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, Booger said:

praywhileuraisem dont have to b sweatin any additional contest from no extra Catholics.....Catholic North walkin bout 650 in the Cardinals hallways up there......that saves u from havin to fight them Northern Catholics in all sports except for Bowlin and Restlin

Booger could just see all u Karns snake handlin keglers on the maple tryin to outskid them Catholic North keglers over at the the Strike & Spare

Booger just sayin  bowling-kid-smiley-emoticon.gif

Took a T week off to get some work done. Finally, we have another boring conference call for me to catch up. Lordy Lordy....the thought of me bowling?! :)

I don't mind playing Cath North in the other sports mine plays. We play them every year, and we don't have to. I imagine we always will. It makes the kids better. And, we're pretty competitive in baseball and basketball anyway. I just felt sorry for the likes of TKA, Concord Christian, FBA, etc..... That wouldn't be a fair fight.

Stay warm....maybe we'll see you all at the district round-ball tourney next month.

Truth is their decision has nothing to do with who will or will not play them.  They need to offer aid to get the better players.  They can't and stay where they are at.  There is also not enough folks with money that have sons that are superstar athletes. 

Playing by that rule very long and the good players go elsewhere and they are no longer a dominant team as they don't have the student population to play in 5A without recruiting.

It is a matter of time before the loses in the district / classification they are in start happening - these are bigger public schools not the smaller 3A schools they played before.   They can't continue to compete if they can't get the players and they can't get the players if they can't offer aid.

Thus they are bailing ... 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, TNVolFan2000 said:

Truth is their decision has nothing to do with who will or will not play them.  They need to offer aid to get the better players.  They can't and stay where they are at.  There is also not enough folks with money that have sons that are superstar athletes. 

Playing by that rule very long and the good players go elsewhere and they are no longer a dominant team as they don't have the student population to play in 5A without recruiting.

It is a matter of time before the loses in the district / classification they are in start happening - these are bigger public schools not the smaller 3A schools they played before.   They can't continue to compete if they can't get the players and they can't get the players if they can't offer aid.

Thus they are bailing ... 

I think the returning players we have are pretty good  based on all the college coaches we have stopping by the campus. I'm not sure how folks with money help build our talent base? Could you enlighten me?

I wasn't aware that we had good players going elsewhere. Our student base is slightly under 600 this year and we seemed to do pretty well. I hate to tell you but success is our best selling point not people out recruiting. Kids that are coming to Catholic are doing so because of the style of football we play, the exposure to D1 schools, facilities, coaching, academics and WINNING! We have gotten plenty of good players without offering scholarships.

3 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

I think the returning players we have are pretty good  based on all the college coaches we have stopping by the campus. I'm not sure how folks with money help build our talent base? Could you enlighten me?

I wasn't aware that we had good players going elsewhere. Our student base is slightly under 600 this year and we seemed to do pretty well. I hate to tell you but success is our best selling point not people out recruiting. Kids that are coming to Catholic are doing so because of the style of football we play, the exposure to D1 schools, facilities, coaching, academics and WINNING! We have gotten plenty of good players without offering scholarships.

Smh...................

Smh...................

Again.................

44 minutes ago, atrisk said:

I would agree Catholic ' s student/athletes may and do attend the school for the above stated reasons. We (Oak Ridge) also do fairly well with academics and athelics. Our students come to school in an area of about 3 sq. miles.  

I agree completely. I think if you would look at some of the past out of city students that attended OR, you would find similar reasons for them doing so.