Knox Catholic requests move to D2

osunut2

I have read steamers on this thread like: we don't want to play where we're not wanted, the Chattanooga teams vote against us, Webb & GCA don't want to play Catholic. My guess it's because of the personalities and attidude of some of the Catholic supporters/fans.  Sounds to me like ya need to trade in your AD for a PR firm. By the way WTA it's mid morning, time to switch from Mimosas to Bloody Marys. Leave it to you to brung this thread down to your comfort zone.

2 hours ago, atrisk said:

I have read steamers on this thread like: we don't want to play where we're not wanted, the Chattanooga teams vote against us, Webb & GCA don't want to play Catholic. My guess it's because of the personalities and attidude of some of the Catholic supporters/fans.  Sounds to me like ya need to trade in your AD for a PR firm. By the way WTA it's mid morning, time to switch from Mimosas to Bloody Marys. Leave it to you to brung this thread down to your comfort zone.

Well said.....

On 1/12/2018 at 1:41 PM, Southtowner said:

Everyone in DII-AA should make the playoffs.  

Yes if It equaled out to 16 teams in the larger class if would work. Point was only 2 classes were needed. Teams a bit over 400 students shouldnt have that large an advantage on average over the smaller ones.

I personally think this catholic situation shows something I wish TN had tried.  Leave the privates and public’s together for regular season then split for playoffs.  Privates could play each other in non conference for seeding.  Public schools get a close travel game and good gate.  Most public schools wouldn’t mind playing a private school if it didn’t impact the post season.  The game vs private school wouldn’t count toward seeding for public schools.  Now the travel issue is solved.  

11 minutes ago, Gambler said:

I personally think this catholic situation shows something I wish TN had tried.  Leave the privates and public’s together for regular season then split for playoffs.  Privates could play each other in non conference for seeding.  Public schools get a close travel game and good gate.  Most public schools wouldn’t mind playing a private school if it didn’t impact the post season.  The game vs private school wouldn’t count toward seeding for public schools.  Now the travel issue is solved.  

I have been proposing that forever  .... makes too much sense  .... its a perfect solution ... play together in regular seasons for convenience and then split at playoffs  ... have heard if  TSSAA ever considered that or not but its the perfect solution to a long standing argument