Region 7 AA Predictions????? District 13AA and 14AA

OldSportsGuy

23 hours ago, Ascendotuum said:

Are these posts supposed to provoke me?  NASA shot a monkey into space, doesn't mean the monkey did anything right.  

not provoking at all but when you post on a message board calling out a coach as "Can't Win Quinn" I think it is important you know that his team is actually winning at a high level. That is all. What does NASA have to do with Riverside being 7AA Region champions?

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, Ascendotuum said:

Are these posts supposed to provoke me?  NASA shot a monkey into space, doesn't mean the monkey did anything right.  

Our district  was probably the toughest top to bottom in the state, in any classification. Riverside, McNairy, Chester Co., Lexington, Scotts Hill, and maybe Southside were all good enough to have won it ( or even the state title) had the breaks gone a little differently, but Riverside is the only one still playing...most likely means the "monkey" didn't do anything wrong either.

McNairy had Covington on the ropes for most of the game. They made a couple errors in the 1st and we got a couple hits to put up 3 runs. Just couldn't add anything to it the rest of the game. Left runners in scoring position in most innings. Leading 3-1 in bottom 5th, they scored a run and capitalized on two miscues to tie it up. Good, aggressive base running by them. They scored 1 in bottom of 6th and in the 7th, we threatened with 1st and 2nd with no outs after a BB and error but we couldn't punch through to tie the game. Great season by the Bobcats. Just came up a little short. It was a fun year for this district, you had to come ready to play in about every district game. Good luck to Riverside and Covington in the State Tournament. Two good ball clubs.

We will be bringing back almost all position platers next year but we lose all of our pitching. A lot of potential there from our younger guys buy they going to have to work and be ready for next year. Hopefully the loss last night will be a big motivator for them.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

14 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

McNairy had Covington on the ropes for most of the game. They made a couple errors in the 1st and we got a couple hits to put up 3 runs. Just couldn't add anything to it the rest of the game. Left runners in scoring position in most innings. Leading 3-1 in bottom 5th, they scored a run and capitalized on two miscues to tie it up. Good, aggressive base running by them. They scored 1 in bottom of 6th and in the 7th, we threatened with 1st and 2nd with no outs after a BB and error but we couldn't punch through to tie the game. Great season by the Bobcats. Just came up a little short. It was a fun year for this district, you had to come ready to play in about every district game. Good luck to Riverside and Covington in the State Tournament. Two good ball clubs.

We will be bringing back almost all position platers next year but we lose all of our pitching. A lot of potential there from our younger guys buy they going to have to work and be ready for next year. Hopefully the loss last night will be a big motivator for them.

Good luck to McNairy next season...our district was murder, but the competition and sportsmanship was super! Iron sharpens Iron, and playing the schedule we faced made our team better...that's the objective as far as I'm concerned. Early in the season, one of the best eyes for the game around told me that none of the 7AA teams had anything for Covington, and though they are in Murfreesboro, I think that McNairy proved our district could play with them at the end of the year.

I'd like to finish by saying good luck to the Panthers...Riverside and Scotts Hill go back decades as hated rivals, but if my Lions can't win it, I hope that Riverside can bring it home.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:58 AM, Ascendotuum said:

Recent district tournament record

2017 2-2

2016 0-2

2015 1-2

2014 0-2

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Riverside will not get out of the tournament again this year.  

Good ole "Can't Win" Quinn!

Riverside wins first round of the state tournament. Just sayin.

12 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Still in the winners bracket after two...ol' "can't win Quinn" must be sick!

Much respect for Coaches. At the end of the day in high school most coaches get their kids to play hard and the teams that have talent to go along with that usually win. Not always, but usually.