Region 7 AA Predictions????? District 13AA and 14AA

OldSportsGuy

18 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If you go back to the first page, I predicted Riverside 2nd and McNairy Central 3rd, so I'll take that. However, I am an idiot for predicting Chester County 7th, I got that miserably wrong. However, congratulations to McNairy Central for advancing to regionals in softball, baseball, and defeating North Side in soccer. All three spring sports made it to regionals. 

Now, I believe Riverside and South Gibson will be a better baseball game than Westview and McNairy Central. I like South Gibson and McNairy Central to advance, but I also like South Gibson and Covington to made it to state.

My predictions were almost aligned with you. I missed pretty bad on a couple.

I think we should beat Westview but I'm not and I hope the players don't take any game for granted. We picked the best time of year to start playing our best ball but we have had some pretty bad games this year with errors and not hitting. Hope that is all out of our system now. Plus, I think Westview has two good pitchers especially their #1. I'm going to go with Riverside over South Gibson. I think Raleigh Odle will be the difference in that game. 

10 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

My predictions were almost aligned with you. I missed pretty bad on a couple.

I think we should beat Westview but I'm not and I hope the players don't take any game for granted. We picked the best time of year to start playing our best ball but we have had some pretty bad games this year with errors and not hitting. Hope that is all out of our system now. Plus, I think Westview has two good pitchers especially their #1. I'm going to go with Riverside over South Gibson. I think Raleigh Odle will be the difference in that game. 

Odle is solid, but SG is tough both on the mound and #'s 1 through 9 in the lineup. Hope that Riverside can pull one off (and they're capable), but I'd make the Hornets the favorite.                                      

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Westview got the breaks early and we got them in the bottom of the 7th. Crazy bottom of the 7th to get the win for the Bobcats. Both teams hit the ball well, Westview a little better than we did. A lot of hard hit balls right at guys. 

Riverside at McNairy for the 5th time and this time for the Region Championship. McNairy is 4-0 this year against Riverside but it's hard to keep beating a good team every game. Riverside has been on a roll for weeks with the only hiccups against McNairy in the two District Championship games. I thought they would beat South Gibson in a low scoring game but didn't see a run rule. Wednesday should be another good game between these two teams. 

On 5/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, LetMeHearYA said:

It has been an all around good year for sports at McNairy. Boys Soccer and Softball go for District Championships tonight. Girls basketball and soccer had good years. Hopefully we can make it a great year and get a couple to the state tournament.

Absolutely! Best year for McNairy in a long time.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:58 AM, Ascendotuum said:

Recent district tournament record

2017 2-2

2016 0-2

2015 1-2

2014 0-2

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Riverside will not get out of the tournament again this year.  

Good ole "Can't Win" Quinn!

Riverside to the Region Championship game and a ticket punched to Sub-State.

57 minutes ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

Not a baseball follower.

Can somebody tell me what happened to the team that Covington was supposed to play?

Yeah, so AA teams out of Memphis are not good at baseball, and have a history of being historically bad. I don't know who Covington played, it was the runner up of 16AA, but the Chargers won, and I would believed they won completely fine. Covington plays Haywood on Wednesday, the Chargers won all 3 matchups (2 in the regular season and 1 in the district tournament) against Haywood. So, whoever wins on Wednesday between McNairy Central and Riverside, would have a very good chance to reach the state tournament. I believe Covington will go once again, they have amazing talent. To me, I believe there is a pretty good drop off between Covington and Haywood County, that's just me.

I have no idea who Covington played last night, it probably was a forfeit because I can't find out who they played last night.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:58 AM, Ascendotuum said:

Recent district tournament record

2017 2-2

2016 0-2

2015 1-2

2014 0-2

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Riverside will not get out of the tournament again this year.  

Good ole "Can't Win" Quinn!

Riverside Wins a Region 7 AA Championship and will host a sub-state game.