Class AA State Tournament Thread

ballinup90

I have no horse in this race so I have a complete unbiased opinion. The foul called on the three was a bad call. What's lost in this is the foul down low before the three. I believe it was #24 for Macon who was clearly fouled on the shot and it wasn't called. Correct me if I am wrong but #24 was like 12-12 in free throws? If that foul had been called then she most likely makes the free throws and Macon probably wins. As far as what the coach did, it should have been a technical foul. Plain and simple. Not only leaving the coaching box by coming to half court but also by putting your hands on the ref. I thought the refs struggled the entire game. Upperman' s best player should have had several fouls called on her, two charges for sure. Both teams played great, the refs looked like little league refs. Regardless, Upperman won the game. Congrats on back to back titles. 

Edited by OldIndian1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Probably the worst call in state tournament history 

Wrong... ‘96 LA game was worst call in State history. LA up 1 ...5 seconds and girl drives into a girl straight up... whistle buzzer. LA loses 50-49. We have 4 Gold & 9 Silver .... when it should be 5 Gold.

No game should be determined by a whistle at buzzer...ever.

41 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

You don't congratulate people for something they didn't earn.  That was handed to them. 

Wow...how can you even say that?  Upperman beat us like a drum all year...the kids can play. Even on the losing end three times .... I can still say they didn’t have anything handed to them. They always play hard... no way you go undefeated like that and just get stuff handed to you. If you want anyone to even consider anything you say as intelligent... you have to call it like it is & not act like a scorned fan or ball team. 

I hate this Championship had controversy..., but you have to give credit where it’s due. Macon played a heck of a game but UHS did too and pulled it out in the end.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

You don't congratulate people for something they didn't earn.  That was handed to them. 

I'm not sure what your agenda is here. UHS went 37-0 I do not think anything was handed too them. I know the officiating in the championship was terrible. Just having trouble why your even on this discussion. If you have this much of an issue with was has happened trot your happy behind down to UHS high school or Putman county school central office and file a complaint. Go to TSSAA and file a complaint. Absolutely nothing you say on this discussion means anything the comment above has cemented that.

• Like 1