Class AA State Tournament Thread

ballinup90

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 0:49 PM, Swipes said:

In the 4th game of the year by 18 I know this.  Upperman also beat Macon County by 39 last year your point?  Your comparing the number one team in that district to the number 4 team in 7aaa.  So does that that make Oakland better than Macon County?  We are talking about a whole district not just the number 1 or even 2 team. Riverdale, Stewarts Creek, Blackman, Oakland > Upperman, Macon County, York, and Cannon County

Why would you be telling me what my criteria was for my statement. I simply implied 8aa was the best district, the only district to have two teams in the state finals.  Same as the SEC in football, two teams in the championship.....no need to compare Vandy and Northwestern, neither York or Siegel. 

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 0:31 PM, Mw4vols said:

Historically, I think you're talking about your single A neighbors. Pickett, clarkrange, Jackson, clay....

Very good district also. I think teams in 8aa, LA 4 Gold & 9 Silver, Macon 3 silver, Upperman 3 silver 2 gold, York 1 gold 1silver, Cannon 1 gold 1 silver

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
add

19 hours ago, OldIndian1 said:

I have no horse in this race so I have a complete unbiased opinion. The foul called on the three was a bad call. What's lost in this is the foul down low before the three. I believe it was #24 for Macon who was clearly fouled on the shot and it wasn't called. Correct me if I am wrong but #24 was like 12-12 in free throws? If that foul had been called then she most likely makes the free throws and Macon probably wins. As far as what the coach did, it should have been a technical foul. Plain and simple. Not only leaving the coaching box by coming to half court but also by putting your hands on the ref. I thought the refs struggled the entire game. Upperman' s best player should have had several fouls called on her, two charges for sure. Both teams played great, the refs looked like little league refs. Regardless, Upperman won the game. Congrats on back to back titles. 

Cardinal rule of refs in championship games, don't call a foul on the final play unless someone breaks a arm. You just don't do it, let the chips fall where they may. Especially don't call one on a obviously clean play.  Any missed calls before that are irrelevant, both teams got some bad calls. I don't agree how Dana acted, but anything that happened after the bad call to end the game should be irrelevant, game should have been over. 

57 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Why would you be telling me what my criteria was for my statement. I simply implied 8aa was the best district, the only district to have two teams in the state finals.  Same as the SEC in football, two teams in the championship.....no need to compare Vandy and Northwestern, neither York or Siegel. 

I was telling you your statement was wrong. "I think we know what is the best district in basketball in the state, regardless of classification."  A DISTRICT is not 2 teams.  Just because 2 team make it to the Championship in AA doesn't mean they would fair well against Riverdale and their district

2 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I was telling you your statement was wrong. "I think we know what is the best district in basketball in the state, regardless of classification."  A DISTRICT is not 2 teams.  Just because 2 team make it to the Championship in AA doesn't mean they would fair well against Riverdale and their district

Riverdale is the best team, no question, but a district putting two teams in finals is special and no other district accomplished that this season. We can agree to disagree. 

18 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

You're hilarious. The more you talk, the less sense you make and the more your lack of knowledge of the game shows.  A lot like the people who vote on awards. 

Wow! This person really hates UHS. Not sure which Bee has stung you but you have issues...why you so mad at a bunch of hard working little girls. Losers always fuss about officiating. When the fact of the matter is nearly all games are decided by the players in every sport. Hit your foul shots you win. Play better in OT you win. So many many missed opportunities to win that game and your solely focused on 2 incidents so you can call the team cheaters. Sorry pal the bees weren't wearing the stripes that night. If anything they got an extra free throw because there was no foul on the last shot. So they got an extra free shot. The Macon girl had way more chances to be called for a walk then Levy. Your argument is null and void. You are clearly a hater. And haters going to hate it's what they go. So come back and spill more of your non sense if you want but your exposed. Macon played a heckuva game. One more made play throughout the course of the whole game and they would of won. It's not officiating it's just basketball. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Very good district also. I think teams in 8aa, LA 4 Gold & 9 Silver, Macon 3 silver, Upperman 3 silver 2 gold, York 1 gold 1silver, Cannon 1 gold 1 silver

Jackson Co won 4 while in 8 AA...not sure if that counts for your count. Ha

Both teams had a great season, girls played hard.  Sad that inefficient officiating is the conversation.  Levy can ball, not sure her reckless abandonment style of play will be appreciated or accepted in college.  IMO UHS, Levy and coach benefited from bad officiating.  How many times does she hit the floor in a game?  Is she expecting calls for falling???  Or is it just her style?  Gets block calls on obvious charges.  Just my opinion.   Anyway, deserving of awards she received.

Edited by FBGIRL