Greenfield vs. Huntingdon - Round 3

JacketPride5

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going with Greenfield in a close one. I think they will hit a few more outside shots and Moore will control the game. I think Greenfield will win it all. On paper, they just beat the favorite, IMO. I thought Greenfield and Pickett County was a toss up and I gave Pickett the edge because of the experience. Greenfield showed me something today. Huntingdon did well too, but I just think Greenfield will be too much.

Fillies did a poor job defending the 3 which was very surprising considering they shut down a very good 3 point team in Summertown. We will see how good of coaches the Lowery boys are if they can figure out how to contain the 2 sophomores. No one has been able to do it all year. Maybe they have a trick or 2 in their sheet of paper rolled up in Coach Lowerys hands

3 minutes ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Fillies did a poor job defending the 3 which was very surprising considering they shut down a very good 3 point team in Summertown. We will see how good of coaches the Lowery boys are if they can figure out how to contain the 2 sophomores. No one has been able to do it all year. Maybe they have a trick or 2 in their sheet of paper rolled up in Coach Lowerys hands

I will give Moore County credit. They were a good team. Huntingdon beat a better team this year in the first round than they lost to last year, IMO. 

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I am going with Greenfield in a close one. I think they will hit a few more outside shots and Moore will control the game. I think Greenfield will win it all. On paper, they just beat the favorite, IMO. I thought Greenfield and Pickett County was a toss up and I gave Pickett the edge because of the experience. Greenfield showed me something today. Huntingdon did well too, but I just think Greenfield will be too much.

Pioneer ,I think the title is going to the winner of this game with Hunt.. I'm picking Greenfield in a close game .I think the title will come back to Greenfield. Dresden has a fine team as well. Please pray for my Lake co girls having to play this Greenfield group 2 more years. But I think Coach Trevathan  has called off the horses when we played ,knowing we only had about 7 players and way outmanned. Class coach .I try to talk to him each time we play. Pulling for him and the Lady Jackets. And I think he has about 5 or 6 8th graders .Younger Darby and the two sophomores Moore and Darby.Congrats and good luck

Edited by mrbigster

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Pioneer ,I think the title is going to the winner of this game with Hunt.. I'm picking Greenfield in a close game .I think the title will come back to Greenfield. Dresden has a fine team as well. Please pray for my Lake co girls having to play this Greenfield group 2 more years. But I think Coach Trevathan  has called off the horses when we played ,knowing we only had about 7 players and way outmanned. Class coach .I try to talk to him each time we play. Pulling for him and the Lady Jackets. And I think he has about 5 or 6 8th graders .Younger Darby and the two sophomores Moore and Darby.Congrats and good luck

Single A in West TN is as strong as I have ever seen it. We have an 8th grader coming up that is probably one of the better one's in the state as well as 5 or 6 more. All the teams are young. 

38 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Single A in West TN is as strong as I have ever seen it. We have an 8th grader coming up that is probably one of the better one's in the state as well as 5 or 6 more. All the teams are young. 

I'll put Edie Darby up against any 8th grader in the state. Future Miss Basketball. 

She was a difference maker yesterday on the biggest stage. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

31 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I'll put Edie Darby up against any 8th grader in the state. Future Miss Basketball. 

I listened to the game on the radio.She did really well.If they hit the 3's going to be tough to beat .Paul Tinkle was excited.

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

She did well yesterday and is a good player but future Miss Basketball I don't know about that. We got a good one that is 5'10 and growing that I wouldn't trade. She has been playing with us some in play days as a 7th grader as well as her sister who was in 5th grade last year and both more than held their own against quality competition. Lot of young talent all over West TN.

6 hours ago, mrbigster said:

If the Fillies can play under control they win. If Greenfields pressure gets in their head the jackets take it which could very well happen! Fillies have got to control Moore and keep her out of the paint which they may have the quickness to do. I figure it will go down to the wire .